Safety and health week to focus on dangerous substances
- WM super conference to focus on safety, Cl and maintenance. // Works Management;Jan2016, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on the Manufacturing Management Conference (MMC) to be held the Whittlebury Hall in Northampton, England on June 15-16, 2016.
- The Relationship of Kidney Cancer and Occupation in Isfahan Province, Iran; A Case-Control Study. Tajvidi, Mina; Najafi, Sajad; Molana, Sayyed Hadi; Gharib, Seyfolah; Hemati, Simin // Journal of Isfahan Medical School;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 229, p305
Background: One of the most important environmental risk factors for kidney cancer is occupational exposure to chemical carcinogens. Since the Isfahan province is one of the major industrial centers in Iran and various chemical industries operating in the province, this study was conducted to...
- PELs update effort. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p12
Reports on developments relevant to standards for permissible exposure limits by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration which aims to protect workers from hazardous chemicals compiled as of August 2002. Reduction of exposure limits for hazardous chemicals by legalities;...
- The reproductive hazards of industrial chemicals: The politics of protection. Sexton, Sarah // Ecologist;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p212
Reports on the effect of hazardous industrial chemicals to the reproductive capabilities of workers and the response of industries and legislative bodies to this concern. Gendered visions; Exclusion of women; Occupational risks of both men and women; Fetal protection policies; Exclusionary...
- Workers can register their workplace exposures online. Rothfels, Peter // British Columbia Medical Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p107
The article focuses on the new online exposure registry program of WorkSafeBC which enables workers, employers and others in British Columbia to register and permanently record on-the-job worker exposures to harmful substances. Examples of the harmful substances included in the program are...
- Incidental spills vs. emergency spills. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p57
The article offers information on the properties of an incidental release, its safety or health hazards to employees, and its distinction from releases that require an emergency response.
- Control of substances hazardous to health. Seaton, Anthony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/1/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6677, p846
Focuses on the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulation in Great Britain. Definition of hazardous substance; Recording of risk assessment of using substances in the workplace; Prohibition of work with hazardous substances.
- The secret plan for champions of safety. Minter, Stephen G. // Occupational Hazards;Jun99, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p10
Features the 1999 Champions of Safety Conference & Expo on September 21-22, 1999, in Baltimore Maryland. Issues related to industrial safety and health to be addressed; Key speakers; Awards to be presented in the event.
- Spring Ahead. Sutcliffe, Virginia // Occupational Hazards;Apr2000, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p58
Previews the American Occupational Health Conference (AOHC) and the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition to be held in May 2000. Schedule of activities at the AOHC; Seminar topics; Featured speakers.