- LTO-3 drive prices dip below LTO-2. // Storage Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p16
This article reports on the decrease in the prices of LTO-3 Drives. Tape drive vendors are making it difficult for buyers to pass on the latest LTO-3 drives, with prices falling to an average of 3.6% less than an LTO-2 model, and the media price-per-gigabyte of LTO-3 at $0.30/gigabyte versus...
- behind the firewall. // Storage Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p18
Presents an update on issues related to the computer storage device industry in the U.S. as of June 2005. Rumors regarding the buyout of Storage Technology Corp.; Marketing approach of Hewlett-Packard for its midrange tape library; Companies that are interested to acquire ONStor and its NAS...
- HP SureStore Ultrium 230. // InfoWorld;8/6/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p40
Evaluates the HP SuperStore Ultrium 230 from Hewlett-Packard. Description of the SureStore product line; Disadvantages of a single tape drive; Discussion on how to install the HP Ultrium 230.
- Wangtek tape drive includes backup with compression. Polilli, Steve // InfoWorld;7/12/93, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p31
Reports on Wangtek's cartridge tape drive line with Windows backup software. 500 MB quarter-inch drive and backup utility that incorporates Stac Electronics' compression software; Availability in external and internal models; Enabling of users to create customized backup procedures and save...
- Tape drives here to stay. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;04/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p69
Focuses on the market for tape drives. Innovations in the design of tape drives; Developments in tape technology; Improvement in the capabilities of tape drives.
- Four-in-one tape memory. // Banking;Nov76, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p28
Describes the 9877A tape system, an external tape memory that offers four tape drives in a single unit from Hewlett-Packard (HP). Memory capacity of the system; Features.
- Openview duo extends HP storage reach. Koblentz, Evan // eWeek;11/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p88
Reports that Hewlett-Packard Co. will launch two computer storage management products in November 2002. Features of the OpenView Continuous Access Storage Appliance virtualization product to be introduced by the company; Plan of the company to launch OpenView Storage Media Operations to...
- HP rounds out storage devices for desktops, LANs. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;10/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p12
Reports about the latest storage products for both the desktop and Local Area Networkings launched by Hewlett-Packard Company comprising of hard drives, optical jukeboxes, and others. Details of the products and pricing.
- HP revamps storage business mission. // Electronic News;10/17/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2036, p10
Focuses on Hewlett-Packard Co.'s release of a new marketing drive as an integrator of optical, tape, disk drive and array-based mass storage technologies. Change in an umbrella organization's designation from the Mass Storage Group (MSG) to the Information Storage Group (ISG); Remarks by ISG...