Scanning for occasional users
- New Canon scanner provides all the options for SoHo users. // IM@T.Online;Nov2009, p15
The article evaluates DR-2020U scanner from Canon UK Ltd.
- Ultra-High-Resolution Computed Tomography of the Lung: Image Quality of a Prototype Scanner. Kakinuma, Ryutaro; Moriyama, Noriyuki; Muramatsu, Yukio; Gomi, Shiho; Suzuki, Masahiro; Nagasawa, Hirobumi; Kusumoto, Masahiko; Aso, Tomohiko; Muramatsu, Yoshihisa; Tsuchida, Takaaki; Tsuta, Koji; Maeshima, Akiko Miyagi; Tochigi, Naobumi; Watanabe, Shun-ichi; Sugihara, Naoki; Tsukagoshi, Shinsuke; Saito, Yasuo; Kazama, Masahiro; Ashizawa, Kazuto; Awai, Kazuo // PLoS ONE;9/9/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Purpose: The image noise and image quality of a prototype ultra-high-resolution computed tomography (U-HRCT) scanner was evaluated and compared with those of conventional high-resolution CT (C-HRCT) scanners. Materials and Methods: This study was approved by the institutional review board. A...
- Xerox launches `digital scan and send' systems. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;4/29/96, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p27
Reports that Xerox Corp. is incorporating the DocuCS scanning system and the Xerox Scan Manager Software and Scan Services utilities into a package for document imaging applications.
- Document management tools evolving. Littman, Dan // Macworld;Mar94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p122
Presents several document management systems from various vendors. Replica from Farallon Computing; Visioneer's PaperMax; Companion software; Features and functions; Shipment date; Pricing.
- Distributed Capture. Spencer, Harvey // AIIM E-DOC;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p42
Provides an overview of distributed capture, which reduces paper movement through scanning at the point of first presentation or origination. Other advantages offered by distributed capture; Evolution of distributed capture technology; Potential for digital copiers to make inroads in...
- Cebit '98: Scanning and document creation. Mooij, Menno // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;05/11/98, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p28
Part II. Examines various changes to the format of the 1998 Cebit Show, in relation to exhibitions featuring large-format scanning and document creation. Number of suppliers and distributors exhibiting in the large-format scanning section; Features of the Azero scanner, developed by Dainippon...
- Multislice CT: technical principles and future trends. Prokop, Mathias // European Radiology;Dec2003 Supplement 5, Vol. 13, pM3
Multislice scanning has substantially improved the performance of CT scanners, and thus the relation between scan duration, available scan length, and spatial resolution along the patient axis (zaxis). Near-isotropic imaging of whole organ systems is already possible with 4-slice scanners, but...
- The impact of reconstruction method on the quantification of DaTSCAN images. Dickson, John; Tossici-Bolt, Livia; Sera, Terez; Erlandsson, Kjell; Varrone, Andrea; Tatsch, Klaus; Hutton, Brian // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Jan2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p23
Reconstruction of DaTSCAN brain studies using OS-EM iterative reconstruction offers better image quality and more accurate quantification than filtered back-projection. However, reconstruction must proceed for a sufficient number of iterations to achieve stable and accurate data. This study...
- Optical Technology. Hennessy, Rebecca // Quality;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p26
The article reports that dynamic optical microscope delivers three-axis noncontact and full automation for inspection tasks. The Hawk 3-Axis noncontact measuring system's Dynascope optical image technology uniquely provides for enhanced surface definition for fast and simple measurement of...