Can Cable take the strain?
- 25-pair Cat 5e backbone LAN cable is introduced. // Wire Journal International;Oct2005, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p78
Reports that U.S.-based General Cable Corp. has introduced GenSPEED 5000, a 25 pair Category 5e backbone cable, to its line of copper LAN cables. Available in both plenum and riser rated versions; Ideal for backbone, horizontal and interconnect cable assembly applications.
- Product update: LAN cable testers. Koff, Marcy // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May99, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p74
Lists local area network cable testers from various manufacturers. Includes LANcat System 6 and MAPCat 1100 fault tester from Datacom Textron; Evera Communications Inc.'s 0660; Fluke Corp.'s DSP-100 digital cable meter and DSP-2000 and 40000 digital cable analyzers; Microtest Inc.'s 8222-XX...
- LAN testers look beyond Category 5. McLaughlin, Patrick // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Sep97, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the development of local area network (LAN) testers beyond the Category 5 cabling specifications required under the Telecommunications Industry Association's (TIA) telecommunications systems bulletin TSB-67. Cabling configurations; Testing accuracy; Extended-performance cable;...
- Structured Cabling System. // Product Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p1
Introduces Krone Inc.'s TrueNet C6T structured cabling system, which is designed to prevent bandwidth loss in local area networks. Components of the cabling system; Advantages offered by the product; Contact information.
- LAN `analyzers' going beyond troubleshooting. Smith, Steve // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p124
Focuses on local area network (LAN) cable testers. Traditional wiremap tasks; Checking for resistance and near-end crosstalk (NEXT); Performance assessment; Prediction of potential trouble spots along a computer or telecommunication network; Microtest's S-band advanced diagnostics technology;...
- TECHNO FUNDA. Patel, Nayan // Money Times;10/14/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p16
The article offers information on electrical and telecommunication cables maker Finolex Cables Ltd. (FCL) in India. Topics include the availability of adequate reserves for FCL's equity base, the rise in its net profits for the first quarter of 2014, and its regular payment of dividends to its...
- Ask Donna. Ballast, Donna // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun99, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p12
Responds to inquiries concerning telecommunication cables in the United States. Guidelines regarding specification of products; Requirements for plenum-and riser-rated cable; Residential cabling standard.
- Picking the ick out of outside plant cable. Debiec, Thomas // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p29
Discusses the use of dry blocking technology in outside plant telecommunication cable installation. Enhancement of cables through the use of dry super-absorbent polymers; Requirements under the Telcordia telephony standard; Features and capabilities of dry block cables; Installation...
- NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR UNVEILS GIGABIT ETHERNET TRANSCEIVER. // LAN Product News;Feb2001, p1
Reports on National Semiconductor Corp.'s introduction of a low-cost, highly integrated dual-port 10/100/1000 physical layer transceiver for local area networks (LAN). Provision of the lowest cost per port, Gigabit over copper physical layer solution; Low power consumption; Suitability for such...