Change management in the social housing sector: a fad or a requirement?
- Operation turnaround: Evansville's vacancy blitz. Collier, John W.; Snodgrass, Mary K. // Journal of Housing;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p183
Reports on the turnaround operation strategies of Evansville Housing Authority. Investigation into Management or Maintenance sectors; Implementation of aggressive marketing strategy; Mechanics and goals of the Operation Turnaround/Vacancy Blitz; Rewarding of teamwork.
- Program management: Modernization help for LHAs. Burgess, John S. // Journal of Housing;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the assistance provided by program management companies to local housing authorities. Definition and services of program management; Effect on the public housing industry; Role of housing authorities; Duties of a program manager; Insight into the value of program management.
- Is privatization the answer? Jurison, Alfred C. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on issues and concerns surrounding the United States government's outsourcing of portions of local housing authority management activities. Factors to consider in lieu of a local housing authority's operational requirements; Ways to avoid the pitfalls of privatization initiatives.
- NEW MAPPING TOOLS AVAILABLE TO PHAS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on a free web-based mapping tool created by the Housing Authority Insurance Group, with National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO), Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA) and Council of Large Public Housing Authorities...
- Helping RESIDENTS Help THEMSELVES. Umbrell, Christine // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the role of certain housing authorities on empowering public housing residents and developing the community in the U.S. Development of an innovative program to increase the employment pool by training community residents; Training academy for the certification of nurse aides offered...
- Contracting Out and Trust in the Public Sector: Cases of Management from Hong Kong. Huque, Ahmed // Public Organization Review;Mar2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p69
Contracting out generates competition and market discipline that is expected help reduce cost and improve the quality of the services. Several problems were detected in contract management of the Hong Kong Housing Authority and they were related to decision-making, monitoring, evaluation and the...
- IBM helps HA improve public housing management. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p58
The article discusses the role of IBM products in the improvement of public housing management at the Housing Authority (HA) of Hong Kong, China. It provides a background of the work of HA. It outlines the reasons for the decision of HA to look to mobile technology in managing public housing and...
- A Poverty Pioneer's Woes. Gegax, T. Trent; Thomas, Evan // Newsweek;12/7/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 23, p36
Focuses on Mildred Hailey and the Bromley-Heath public housing project in Boston, Massachusetts. Hailey's role in the United States movement to give control of housing projects back to the tenants; October 1998 suspension of Hailey and return of control to the Boston Housing Authority;...
- Mass. Judge Approves Housing Agency Takeover. // Assisted Housing Management Insider;Dec2011, p1
The article reports on the approval of takeover of the housing agency, the Chelsea Housing Authority, by a justice of Massachusetts' highest court following the resignation of its executive director and governing board.