Women with children working longer hours
- Reality Check. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Feb1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p100
Discusses the impact of affirmative action on productivity. Advantages of affirmative action on women and minorities; Qualifications of minorities hired under affirmative action; Programs for minority and female employees.
- An International Comparison of Institutional Requisites for Gender Equality. Estévez-Abe, Margarita // Japanese Economy;Fall2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p77
A quarter-century has passed since the enactment of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act in 1985, but the economic status of Japanese women remains well below average as compared with women in other developed nations. This article conducts an international comparison to examine the problems with...
- Workers with Family Responsibilities Recommendation, 1981 (No. 165). Hein, Catherine // Reconciling Work & Family Responsibilities: Practical Ideas from;2005, p162
A copy of the "Recommendation Concerning Equal Opportunities and Equal Treatment for Men and Women Workers: Workers With Family Responsibilities," published in the 1981 issue of the "Workers With Family Responsibilities Convention" is presented.
- Affirmative action remains misunderstood and perplexing. Miller, Leslie // New Hampshire Business Review;9/29/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p9
Makes observations concerning affirmative action programs and how they affect women's chances of finding jobs. Belief that women would not have succeeded if not for affirmative action; Comments of women attending conference at Boston, Massachusetts' Simmons College to discuss affirmative action...
- Affirmative action: It's not too late to get it right. Phillips, Lynn // Glamour;Jul95, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p58
Focuses on the effect of affirmative action programs on women. Entry into a university through a special program; Employment through an affirmative action program; Inability of affirmative action programs to eradicate sex biases in the workplace; Lack of support systems for women.
- Women's voices muted in reporting on affirmative action. // Media Report to Women;Winter99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
Presents the conclusion of a study on news stories and commentary about affirmative action programs and policies in the United States. Emphasis put by majority of major news media on the impact of the programs and policies on racial and ethnic minorities; Less space and time allotted by the...
- Equal opportunity/affirmative action exemplary practice award winners. // PA Times;Aug97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p17
Features the City of Hollywood, California's Honor Roll Program, an initiative promoting equal opportunity among women in the work place. Situation among women in the United States work force; Objective of the program; Effect of the program in the city.
- Elimination of Gender-Related Employment Disparities through Statistical Process Control. Graham, Mary E.; Hotchkiss, Julie L. // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Oct2008, Issue 24, p1
This paper proposes a novel approach that has the potential to hasten the eradication of gender disparities in employment. This approach relies upon the concept of statistical process control (SPC) to more systematically remedy disparate employment outcomes for women. SPC also serves as a new...
- Diversity by the Numbers. Coyle McCabe, Barbara; Stream, Christopher // Public Personnel Management;Spring2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p93
The tools used to diversify workforces in state and local governments have come under attack and, in at least one state, have been rescinded by voter initiative. The current backlash against these policies begs the question of whether diversification has occurred, and, if so, how the workforce...