UK food industry productivity: steps in right direction and blueprint for success
- Evaluating the Total Factor Productivity Growth in Manufacturing Industries of Iran (Data Envelopment Analysis Approach). Ahmadi, V.; Ahmadi, A. // Journal of Economics & Business Research;2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p33
This paper examines the total factor productivity changes for 23 main manufacturing industries (2-digit ISIC group) and country's provinces using data envelopment analysis during 2005 to 2007. The results show 2.3% increase in the productivity of the whole sector (average over the studied...
- ROBOTS GET A GRIP ON FOOD AND DRINK. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Mar2011, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p36
The article examines the advantage of using robots for high productivity among food and beverage industry. The advantages include ruggedness, versatility and dependability of robots for various tasks. It mentions that robots can handle large loads without physical injuries, never get tired,...
- Industry welcomes Â£197m training boost. // Food Manufacture;Jan2005, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Improve, the Sector Skills Council for the food and drink industry, has welcomed the launch of British government funded National Employer Training Program to tackle the needs of specific industries and allow employers to identify skills gaps affecting productivity. Benefits of the...
- Top 100 Food and Beverage Companies. Rowan, Claire // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the performance of the food and beverage industry. Trends in consolidation and mergers among food and beverage companies; Growth of the business activity in the food and beverage sector; Investments of several companies on technological innovations. INSET: Changes taking place....
- APPENDIX. // MarketWatch: Drinks;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p35
A list of articles and documents related to food and beverage industry is presented.
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Drinks;Nov2008, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p37
The article lists reports and other references relating to the beverage industry.
- APPENDIX. // MarketWatch: Drinks;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p40
No abstract available.
- Out with the Old. Higgins, Kevin T. // Food Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on nonthermal processing technologies for the food and beverage industry. Reasons for precooking food; Ultraviolet and carbon-dioxide treatments.
- The World's Top 100 Food & Beverage Companies. Higgins, Kevin T. // Food Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p32
Presents lists of top 100 food and beverage companies. Rank of firms; Headquarters; Average food sales; Types of product manufactured. INSET: $679.4 billion total sales for world's top 100 food processors.