- Houston Fire Station to Install Solar-Powered Emergency Generator. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/20/2011, p3
The article reports on the forthcoming installation of a Solar Power Adaptive Container for Everyone (SPACE) generator designed by University of Houston School of Architecture faculty and students at Houston, Texas Fire Department Fire Station No. 71 .
- Specifying the Small Stuff. // Fire Engineering;Jun2005 Supplement, Vol. 158, p7
The article examines the design and performance of fire equipment. Few of the features to be considered in an apparatus include a specific wheelbase, tight turning radius and the like to cope with certain operating conditions. It is also important to study the grade of the fire station driveway...
- WET STACKING AND BACKUP POWER SYSTEMS. Kirkham, Don // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p116
Discusses the requirements for designing a new fire station. Importance of an emergency power supply; Criteria for exercising power units; Installation of an artificial load bank and testing at regular intervals; Need for understanding the dynamics of wet stacking.
- Fire station wins citizen support. // American City & County;Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p72
Reports on the public opinion regarding the design of a fire station in West Hollywood, California. Reflective of craftsman influences; Outcome of community forums.
- Texas Town Reallocates New-Station Funds to Renovate Older Facilities. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/24/2012, p2
The article reports on the decision of the Corpus Christi town in Texas to utilize 2.1 million U.S. dollars rehabilitating older fire stations instead of the initial plan of building a new fire station.
- Rancho Cucamonga Opens New Fire Station. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p1
The article reports that the Rancho Cucamonga Fire District in California has opened a new fire station at the former San Bernardino County Flood Control property.
- Warning: Stations to close. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;10/31/97, p3
Presents information on two London fire stations which are set to become the first victims of high-profile fire service pension crisis. Details on London Fire and Civil Defence Authority agreement to propose; Fire-fighters pension scheme is unfunded; Comments from Andy Clyde, fire authority...
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/31/2013, Vol. 118 Issue 44, p6
A photograph of the Emergency Services District's fire station number 2 in the Sand Flat community in Grand Saline, Texas is presented.
- FORMER FIRE STATION [Lyttleton] Category II Historic Place. // Heritage New Zealand;Summer2003, Issue 91, p53
Features the former Lyttelton Fire Station building in Lyttelton, New Zealand. Description of the establishment's architecture; Historical account of the fire station; Factors that make the former fire station one of Lyttelton's major architectural and historical features.