- Costs increasing for fire hall. Ladik, Sarah // Hub (Hay River, NT);9/18/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p5
The article offers news briefs from Hay River, Northwest Territories as of September 2013 including the increase in costs for fire hall to 33,000 U.S. dollars, the issue of taxation rates in corridor by councillor Roger Candow and the need of creating a driver policy by councillor Keith Dohey.
- Hershey Volunteer Fire Co. launches community campaign to fund $6.8 million fire station. Scott, Jason // Central Penn Business Journal;11/28/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p2
The article reports that Hershey Volunteer Fire Co. had launched the community campaign to fund fire station expansion and renovation project worth.
- Â£125m fire stations' upgrade. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;12/7/2005, Vol. 431 Issue 6554, p4
The article presents information on the decision of fire minister Jim Fitzpatrick to launch a private finance initiative plan for fire stations in several locations in Great Britain. There will be eight fire stations to be replaced or renovated. In Gloucestershire, England, three new community...
- ROCHDALE FIRE STATION: LANDMARK OF CIVIC TRADITION. Johnson, Alan // C20: The Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society;Spring2009, p16
The article reports on the uncertain future facing Rochdale Fire Station in Greater Manchester, England. According to the article, it was occupied and managed by the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS). In 1999, the GMFRS commissioned a new station at Stretford through the Private...
- ARIZONA: Mesa's Fire Station Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p8
The article reports on the bond package of Mesa, Arizona approved by the voters in November 2008. The city is constructing four new fire stations with proceeds from these $169 million general obligation bonds. According to city officials, three of the new stations will be on Mesa's eastern side,...
- OTHER PROJECTS IN ENGLAND AND WALES. // Public Private Finance;Jun2006 Supplement, p37
The article presents several government-sponsored projects in England and Wales. The Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service has rebuilt and refurbished its fire stations in the areas. On the other hand, Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council has provided a one-stop shop, including a...
- Louisiana Agency OKs Controversial Correctional Facility, Firehouse Deals. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p36
The article reports on two controversial items that dominated the meeting of the Louisiana State Bond Commission on January 18, 2007. The first was a proposal for a state agency to buy a correctional center. The second concerns the commission members' approval of the sale of $2 million of...
- Facing the Future: or just reiterating past reports? Pinhey, Julian // Fire;Jun2013, Vol. 106 Issue 1358, p7
The article provides information on the report of former Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser Sir Ken Knight on fire and rescue services in England. The first chapter of the report highlights the wide range of expenditure every head of population from the 46 fire and rescue authorities in England. The...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Walker, Michael A.; Goldfarb, Ted // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p72
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "The King Has No Clothes...or Firefighters," by Bobby Halton in the July 2008 issue, including an article on the budget of a fire department and another on the state of affairs of many fire departments.