Fate or Fortitude?
- FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE CAREER DECISION-MAKING AMONG ELITE ATHLETES. Fogarty, Gerard J.; McGregor-Bayne, Heather // Australian Journal of Career Development (ACER Press);Spring2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p26
A common belief about elite athletes is that they invest so much effort into the pursuit of their athletic careers that they fail to develop good career decision-making skills. Recent findings challenge that belief. The present study investigated career decision-making difficulties among 117...
- On Problems of Vocational Guidance Work in the Schools. Belova, I.A.; Frantsuzova, L.IA.; Frantsuzov, M.M. // Russian Education & Society;Sep2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p14
Discusses the need to improve the vocational guidance in schools in Russia. Assessment of conditions necessary for conducting vocational guidance of students in schools; List of typical vocational guidance measures; Educational prerequisites for the development of the student's intellectual and...
- do you need a personal coach? Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Jul2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p14
Discusses how a personal coach helps business professionals. Emergence of personal coaching; How personal coaching works; Difference of personal coaching from other forms of assistance.
- Resource directory. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/15/97, Vol. 36 Issue 50, p28
Presents a directory of services in Dallas, Texas.
- Dear NextStepU. // NextStepU;Nov/Dec2012, p14
The article presents a question and answer related to choosing a career path.
- Michigan State's 25th Annual Minority Career Fair. Manuel, V. Phillip // Black Collegian;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p187
Highlights Michigan State University's 25th Annual Minority Career Fair, which was held in January 1990 inside the university's East Lansing, Michigan campus. History of the event; Career fair as part of the university's `Minority Careers Program'; Fair activities; Number of attendees.
- LIFE OUT LOUD. Seabolt, Kymberly Foster // Farm & Dairy;9/4/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 50, pB1
The article offers the author's insight on how students from K-12 should decide which career and professions they want to take, suggesting youths to do what they love and make sure that are going to get paid.
- The Impact Of Locus Of Control And Religiosity On Auditing Students' Ethical Reasoning. Elias, Rafik Z. // Franklin Business & Law Journal;2013, Vol. 2013 Issue 4, p131
The current study examines auditing students' perceptions of questionable practices during the conduct of an audit. Locus of control and religiosity are investigated as potential explanatory variables in ethical reasoning. Several vignettes were presented to 128 auditing students who were asked...
- Planning for Life after College: An Analysis of Career Planning, Proactivity, Motivation, and Academic Locus of Control. Sidelinger, Robert J.; Banfield, Sara R. // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2007, p1
The purpose of this study was to examine graduating seniors' career planning along with their proactive personality, motivation, and academic locus of control. Proactivity, motivation, and academic locus of control each focus on individuals exerting control in their environments. Even though...