SACHSE FIRE STATION #2
- INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP FIRE STATION #3. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p66
Offers information on the design of the Independence Township Fire Station in Michigan. Reinforcement of architectural heritage of community; Resilience of the exterior materials to deterioration; Installation of brick arches for overhead doors.
- BCF&R PROTOTYPE FIRE STATIONS #2 AND #8. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p72
Offers information on design of the Bernalillo County Fire Station in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Adaptability of the facility to cardinal orientation plans; Integration of information age technologies; Reinforcement of dedication to public protection.
- MAINE AIR NATIONAL GUARD FIRE STATION. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p73
Reports on design of the Maine Air National Guard Fire Station in Bangor, Maine. Protection of the flight line; Availability of living quarters for on-duty personnel; Expression of the aeronautical context of the site.
- EVERETT FIRE DEPARTMENT STATION #5. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p74
Reports on the design of the Everett Fire Department Station in Everett, Washington. Maintenance of the character of the neighborhood; Introduction of residential character; Provision of drive-through apparatus bays.
- FITCHBURG FIRE HEADQUARTERS. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p75
Focuses on design of the Fitchburg Fire Headquarters in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. Reclamation of industrial site in downtown Fitchburg; Provision for the needs of the firefighting force and the public; Cornerstone of urban renewal.
- FOSTER CITY FIRE STATION. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p76
Offers information on the design of the Foster City Fire Station in California. Components of the municipal complex; Design of the facility to address social trends; Installation of fire notification system.
- FRISCO FIRE STATION #3. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p77
Reports on the design of the Frisco Fire Station in Frisco, Texas. Blend of the design with the overall environment; Upgrade of equipment to handle emergencies; Functionality of the station.
- GASTONIA FIRE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p78
Reports on the design of the Gastonia Fire Department in Gastonia, North Carolina. Authenticity of the fire pole; Exploration of the history of fire service in the community; Features of the administrative offices.
- LOS ANGELES FIRE STATION #65. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p79
Focuses on the design of the Los Angeles Fire Station in Los Angeles, California. Provision of fire and rescue services to the community; Arrangement of the programmatic elements of apparatus bays; Approach of the architects to meet requirements for certification.
- MCKINNEY FIRE STATION #5. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p80
Offers information on the design of the fifth fire station in McKinney, Texas. Implementation of stringent architectural standards; Integration of innovative firehouse features; Distinctiveness of the cast stone arches.