- NO SMALL TASK. Poillucci, Donna // Fire Chief;Nov2010, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p54
The article focuses on the importance of choosing right furniture while building a public-safety facility. It states that investment on the furniture that has the heaviest use is necessary. It states that the conference and training rooms should be versatile with breakout tables, that allows...
- FIRE STATION FURNITURE'S EXTINGUISHER RECLINER. // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p123
The article evaluates the extinguisher recliner from Fire Station Furniture Co.
- Quality Counts. Fergus, David; Johnson, Mark // Fire Chief;Nov2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p36
The article refers to the aspect of quality in fire station furnishings. The products in a fire station should approach to commercial-quality standards and should not be built for a residential application. One of the most important categories of station furnishings can be the movable shelving...
- Fire station wins citizen support. // American City & County;Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p72
Reports on the public opinion regarding the design of a fire station in West Hollywood, California. Reflective of craftsman influences; Outcome of community forums.
- Texas Town Reallocates New-Station Funds to Renovate Older Facilities. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/24/2012, p2
The article reports on the decision of the Corpus Christi town in Texas to utilize 2.1 million U.S. dollars rehabilitating older fire stations instead of the initial plan of building a new fire station.
- Rancho Cucamonga Opens New Fire Station. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p1
The article reports that the Rancho Cucamonga Fire District in California has opened a new fire station at the former San Bernardino County Flood Control property.
- Warning: Stations to close. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;10/31/97, p3
Presents information on two London fire stations which are set to become the first victims of high-profile fire service pension crisis. Details on London Fire and Civil Defence Authority agreement to propose; Fire-fighters pension scheme is unfunded; Comments from Andy Clyde, fire authority...
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);10/31/2013, Vol. 118 Issue 44, p6
A photograph of the Emergency Services District's fire station number 2 in the Sand Flat community in Grand Saline, Texas is presented.
- FORMER FIRE STATION [Lyttleton] Category II Historic Place. // Heritage New Zealand;Summer2003, Issue 91, p53
Features the former Lyttelton Fire Station building in Lyttelton, New Zealand. Description of the establishment's architecture; Historical account of the fire station; Factors that make the former fire station one of Lyttelton's major architectural and historical features.