AFFAIRS OF STATE
- Application of ALOHA in Emergency Response for Hazardous Chemicals Accidents. Xiaojia Jiang; Qiang Hu; Shisheng Wang; Feng Liu; Xiaoyong Zhang; Lei Yang; Chaolu Ma // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 631-632, p1080
This paper focuses on the study of ALOHA software (Version 5.4.4), and expects to do some help for the rapid and accurate predetermination of involved areas and the efficient organization and direction of evacuation in different areas by the decision-maker who is in charge of the emergency...
- More Isabel Relief. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declaration of federal emergency assistance to the victims of Hurricane Isabel in the U.S.
- Send help, not charity. Handler, J. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May1992, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p6
Cites reaction of Russian citizens in the cities of Arkhangelsk and Severodvinsk to the arrival of food aid from the United States and Norway, with officials claiming the number one priority is not food, but the technology and technical know-how to convert to a civilian economy. Nuclear...
- New fires in Kobe challenge rescuers. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/95, Vol. 87 Issue 38, p20
Reports the earthquake relief mission in the Kobe area of Japan. Details of the rescue and relief mission, and food aid.
- Nations in need. // Current Events;2/24/92, Vol. 91 Issue 20, p1
Describes the efforts of `Operation Provide Hope,' the United States airlift that was organized to alleviate the threat of hunger and disease in the former Soviet Union. Help from other countries; What the Russians thought of the food; Cause of the food shortage; Why the US and other countries...
- Hope restored in Somalia? Stevenson, Jonathan // Foreign Policy;Summer93, Issue 91, p138
Reports that most of the 25,000 American troops sent to rescue Somalia have returned home, but Somalia's troubles are far from over. People in Somalia who still need food assistance; Weapons that remain in the hands of bandits; American insensitivity to cultural differences; Clan-based...
- National Day Of Hope And Renewal Lifts Spirits of Flood Victims In North Carolina. // Jet;11/29/99, Vol. 96 Issue 26, p38
Takes a look at the National Day of Hope and Renewal, a relief effort for flood victims in North Carolina sponsored by the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation.
- LI gets emergency grant. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/19/96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p10
Reports on funds received by New York's Long Island Emergency Food and Shelter Board for Phase XIV.
- Inside Iraq. Khanum, S. // New Statesman & Society;5/24/91, Vol. 4 Issue 152, p12
Covers the author's ten-day trip to Iraq as part of a medical relief team that delivered ten tons of medicine and other supplies to hospitals throughout the country. Who the party included; Description of the obstacles faced and the stops along the way; Description of the hospital; Most urgent...