Strategic SOPs Are Needed for Collisions
- ACCIDENT VICTIM PINNED AND IMPALED. Lowe, Bill; Hood, Jeff; Russell, Jerry // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p38
Reports on how the Clayton County, Georgia Fire Department handled a vehicle accident with injuries and possible entrapment. Assessment of the situation; Victim removal and transport; Lesson learned.
- LPG TANKER ROLLOVER: LESSONS LEARNED IN SUFFOLK, VIRGINIA. Haring, Raymond E. // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p90
Reports on how the Suffolk, Virginia Fire Department responded to an emergency situation involving an LPG tanker. Damage assessment; Tools and equipment used; Lessons learned.
- Another Weekend, Another Wreck. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);2/25/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1
The article presents information on a car accident that occurred in the North bound lane of Highway 43 in Tatum, Texas, after which Tatum Volunteer Fire Department arrived at the site to retrieve the driver from the vehicle.
- In the Blink of the Eye. West, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on the experience of the Elk River Fire Department while responding to an all terrain vehicle accident in Minnesota on August 21, 2005. Administration of care to the patient by the Advanced Life Support ambulance of the fire department; Decision of a personally owned...
- The cost of freedom. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p4
Looks at the role of fire departments in facing tactical ultraviolence in the United States. Assertion on the need for fire departments to cooperate with law enforcement, emergency management, hospitals, schools and other service providers to develop response mechanisms to deal with tactical...
- PAYING THE PIPER. Brush, Charles F. // Fire Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p10
Examines the importance of informing the local community of the fire department's needs to safely, effectively and expeditiously provide emergency services. Need to educate the community regarding the levels and types of services provided; Breaking the negative perceptions of the community on...
- Fireplace fire damages local residence. MURRAH, JULIANNE // Graham Leader;1/19/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p1A
The article reports on the response of Graham Fire Rescue to an emergency call regarding a structure fire located at 730 Plum Street in Young County, Texas.
- Emergency responders train for mass casualties. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;5/15/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 20, pA1
The article reports on the three-day training made by the members of the St. Charles Fire Department, Central County Fire and Rescue, and the Wentzville Fire Protection District, among others at the Ohmes Farms Subdivision in Wentzville, Missouri on the proper tornado response in mid-April 2013.
- BUILDING THE EOC. Ellson, James P. // Fire Engineering;Oct2002, Vol. 155 Issue 10, p57
Provides information on the factors contributed from establishing the fire department EOC emergency management in the U.S. Alertness for the functions of all interagency personnel; Significance of communication and support equipment; Initiation of message flow recording system.