Ridge OKs Initial National Response Plan
- Security Concerns at NEMA Conference. Warnecke, Lisa // Geospatial Solutions;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the highlights of the 2003 Mid Year Conference of the National Emergency Management Association, which was held on February 24 in Washington, D.C. Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge's speech on the importance of geospatial capabilities to emergency management; Discussion of a...
- NaSPA and Rentsys Man Booth at IDCE New Orleans NaSPA Members Enjoy Discount and Hone Disaster Recovery Skills. // Technical Support Magazine;Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Information about several topics discussed at the International Disaster Conference and Expo (IDCE) held in New Orleans, Louisiana on January 17-19, 2012 is presented. It highlights the booth established by the Networks and Systems Professional Association (NaSPA) Inc. with Rentsys Recovery...
- Northeast suffers heavy flooding. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/29/96, Vol. 236 Issue 4, p11
Reports that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has made available federal disaster aid to 25 counties in Pennsylvania for flood damage. Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge's comments on FEMA's handling of the emergency aid; Infrastructure damages suffered by the state; Damages suffered...
- High-Tech Messaging. Klein, Ken // Emergency Management;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p50
The article discusses the developments in disaster management strategies in the U.S. It focuses on the efforts to use billboards as a communication tool to disseminate information on natural disasters and other emergencies to the public. According to U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge,...
- Homeland Security Secretary Ridge addresses state emergency managers. // State Government News;May2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p36
Reports that U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge addressed members of the National Emergency Management Association at their Mid-Year Conference on February 24, 2003 in Washington, D.C. Highlights of his speech.
- Ridge Resigns; DHS Plans Stand Still. // Fire Chief;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p9
Reports on national policy initiatives awaited by the fire service that appear to have been stalled at the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Resignation of White House cabinet members, including that of DHS Secretary Tom Ridge; Silence on the National Response Plan,...
- Unstrategic Plans. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;12/01/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p88
The article reports that the United States needs operational plans for its response to future disasters. In this context, it throws light on National Response Plan. Former chief of Department of Homeland Security Tom Ridge after the completion of the National Response Plan said that the plan is...
- Pa. Governor puts his reform plan on back burner. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;1/10/96, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p20
States that Pennsylvania's Governor Tom Ridge fail in an eleven hour bid to pass his controversial education package, dimming the changes for his success in the upcoming legislative session. Personal defeat; Momentum for 1996.
- On the road again. Strader, Jim // Executive Report;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Presents Pittsburgh Governor Tom Ridge remarks on state's place in global market. Ridge tourism campaign in Italy and Canada; Trade mission in Mexico; Pittsburgh Medical Center agreement with Toronto company.