- Survey: Most Chiefs Use Web Daily. // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p15
Presents the results of a survey on Web habits of fire service officials in the U.S. Description of users of themselves; Uses of the Internet.
- Learn to Be a Politician Without Partisanship. Chiaramonte, Mike // Fire Chief;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p26
Comments on the importance of the communication of fire department heads with public officials. Update of knowledge on long-range plans of the community; Gain of trust by both parties; Offer of information on the operation of a fire department.
- Ill. Chief Accused of Double-Dipping Pension. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/19/2011, p3
The article focuses on the integrity of the actions of Winnetka, Illinois Fire Department's chief Alan Berkowsky questioned by the residents. The more than $120,000 payment for Berkowsky on his new job in the area has led for some of the residents in Evanston to suggest he is "double dipping" or...
- The Importance of Explaining Your Budget Needs to the Public. Rielage, Robert // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/13/2012, p3
The article presents the author's views on the importance of explaining fire department's budget needs to the public in the U.S. He mentions the need to be transparent in a non-threatening way to both the people and public officials. He suggests that fire chiefs must prepare first their facts...
- Chances in Disguise. Wilmoth, Janeth // Fire Chief;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the preparedness of the U.S. government and local fire departments to effectively deal with emergency operations. She cites several problems related to emergency management, including the growth in liability and discrimination cases, the attrition charges of experienced...
- Firefighting in Paradise. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p27
The article reports on the fire services contract of Paradise Valley, Arizona that is subject for the approval of a request from the voters to raise the base expenditure-spending limit on May 16, 2006 for the program to be carried out. Paradise Valley officials said that the city will be able to...
- NVFC-NATaT MOU fosters cooperation and promotes volunteerism. // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p62
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council and the National Association of Town and Townships have signed a memorandum of understanding in which they will partner to educate town and township elected leaders and the volunteer fire department in the communities in the United States....
- Politics and the Survival of the Fire Service. GRANER, RON // Fire Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 161 Issue 12, p85
The article examines the legitimate role of politics and the impact of the political process on the ability of fire departments to serve the public. It relates how the politics of local elected officials influence fire department staffing and funding. It discusses the difference between a bad...
- 'Damning' reports of maladministration. // Crisis Response Journal;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the warning given by the City of Johannesburg that further action would be taken against suspended fire chief Audrey Gule, who has been accused of fraud and corruption in South Africa.