FIRE Grants Move to ODP: What Now?
- Senate passes Homeland Security appropriations bill. // Fire Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p48
This article reports that the U.S. Senate passed its version of the House of Representatives 4567 Homeland Security appropriations bill for fiscal year 2005. This bill was passed in September, 2004. This bill included $750 million for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program and $100 million...
- Newscan: California bill lets on-the-job firefighters take out drones. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/23/2015, p1
The article reports on a bill in California which lets on-the-job firefighters take out drones in their work.
- House passes fiscal 2006 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p50
Reports that the United States House of Representatives passed the Fiscal Year 2006 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill, which would increase overall funding for the department and decrease funding for the Office of State and Local Government Coordination and Preparedness. Features of the...
- NVFC sets legislative priorities and elects officers. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p39
Reports on the United States National Volunteer Fire Council's (NVFC) adoption of its legislative agenda for the 106th Congress at its Spring Meeting held in Georgia. Introduction of the `Firefighters Investment and Response Enhancement Act'; Federal grant program administered by the US...
- New York State passes bill to protect firefighters in training. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p56
Reports on the passage of a bill that protects firefighters during training in New York State. Prohibition of using live victims during fire training exercises; Benefits of the bill.
- VOL RECRUITMENT ACT REINTRODUCED IN HOUSE. // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p10
The article informs that Representative Peter King and nine co-sponsors reintroduced the Volunteer Emergency Services Recruitment and Retention Act (HR 376), a bill that would clarify the treatment of length of service award programs (LOSAPs) in the federal tax code.
- Fire Fight. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the proposed contract for firefighters by Omaha mayor Mike Fahey. Recruitment of supporters for the budget compromise; Resolution of the union contracts; Strategy of Fahey to balance the fiscal 2004 budget.
- Resilience in the Time of Stupid. DeGrosky, Mike // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/17/2013, p7
The article discusses the need for resilience among firefighters during a time of austerity. According to the author, austerity in the U.S. has come in the form of budget sequestration which limits the size of the federal budget by inflexibly capping government spending. The author encourages...
- Senate Passes Stopgap Funding, Benefiting Highways, D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate approved a legislation as of January 9, 2003 that would continue funding the federal government at fiscal 2002 levels through the end of the month, raise highway spending and allow Washington D.C. to fund local programs at proposed fiscal 2003 levels. Details of the...