IPOs Performing Well, Despite Thanksgiving Turkeys
- IRAQ: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the political and economic risk in Iraq including the shelling of Kurdistan region by the Turkish, Indian investment into the country and its initial public offering (IPO) management.
- IPO Investing. Dunbar, Craig // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p45
Reports on investing in initial public offerings (IPO). Information on first-day returns in IPO; Studies on IPO performance.
- Group targets IPO reform. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p6
Reports that the National Council of Individual Investors is targeting reform of the initial public offerings market. Preparation of a petition to the nation's largest IPO underwriters.
- IPOs in the U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p16
Presents information about initial public offerings made by several companies as of January 8, 2003. Details of companies making initial public offerings; Fixation of prices for initial public offerings.
- Don't leave IPOs to the pros. Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p64
Offers tips on how to invest in an initial public offering (IPO). Background on the IPO market; How investors prepare for an IPO; Recommendations for investors who want to invest in an IPO.
- The First Bubble to Burst. Tice, David // On Wall Street;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on the investments through initial public offerings (IPO) in the United States as of October 1999. Risks associated with investing in an IPO; Popularity of IPO among investors; Inclination of investors to invest in startup companies; Overview of companies who had successful IPO.
- Strategies for the Months Ahead. DeGraw, Irv // On Wall Street;Feb2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p86
Discusses several strategies on how to invest in an initial public offering (IPO). Factors which should be considered in selecting an IPO; Importance of avoiding IPO with large first-day gains.
- Average investors find it hard to get in on an IPO. Chamberlin, George // San Diego Business Journal;07/27/98, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p45
Responds to queries related to investments. Tips on how to buy into the initial public offering of a firm; Investment startup.
- It's about bucks. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;12/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 51, p63
Discusses three signs of an Internet-related initial public offering that should be avoided by investors. Unit deal; $5 deal; Unknown underwriter.
- IPO is false exit strategy for entrepreneurs. Giannini, Valerio L. // San Diego Business Journal;02/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p9A
Provides an overview on the concept of an initial public offering (IPO). Purpose of an IPO; Ban against company founders and private investors to sell any stock for a specific time; Several ways founders and investors can gain from an IPO; Minimizing contingencies to obtain the maximum value of...