Lilly's New Strategy: Buying Biotechs
- Eli Lilly snaps up AME firm. // European Chemical News;12/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2079, p7
Reports on the purchase of biotechnology research firm Applied Molecular Evolution by U.S. drug company Eli Lilly in cash and stock deal. Terms of the deal; Expected closing of the deal.
- Week in Review. None // San Diego Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p6
Discusses in brief the top business news effecting the San Diego area. Meeting between Mayor Dick Murphy and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to discuss the effects of a repeal in the vehicle license fee; Red Cross Fire Fund hits $4 Million in aid for area wildfires; Biotech job growth expected in the...
- Lilly Signs 10-Year Lease on UTC Lab Facility. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p46
The article reports that pharmaceutical giant, Eli Lilly has signed a ten-year lease at the University Towne Center in San Diego, California. The Campus Point location will combine other Lilly subsidiaries like SGX Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Applied Molecular Evolution Inc. Eli Lilly states that...
- Lilly Snags AME in $400 Million Deal. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/1/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the acquisition of San Diego, California-based Applied Molecular Evolution Inc. by chemical company Eli Lilly & Co. Total value of the acquisition; Products developed by Applied Molecular Evolution Inc.
- Opinions evolve on Kauffman patent. Dove, Alan // Nature Biotechnology;Apr2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p373
Focuses on plans of San Diego, California-based biotechnology company Applied Molecular Evolution (AME) Inc. to unveil its licensing program for patent rights related to a family of techniques that are used to isolate DNA, RNA or protein sequences from pools of mutagenized sequences. Several...
- Eli Lilly biotechnology plant's groundbreaking ceremony today. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;7/11/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p1
Reports on Eli Lilly & Co.'s holding of its groundbreaking ceremony for its biotechnology plant in Carolina, Puerto Rico, on July 11, 2002. Total cost of the plant; Production and distribution of a diabetic drug.
- Lilly expands bio capabilities. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that the Eli Lilly and Co. has completed the first phase of the expansion of its biotechnology complex in Indianapolis, Indiana. This move is part of a strategy to strengthen and build the company's biotechnology drug research and development capabilities. The construction of...
- Collaborating Together To Build Better Drugs. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the development of Remicade, a drug for treating rheumatoid arthritis, and Rituxan, a drug for treating non-Hodgkins lymphoma by San Diego, California-based biotechnology firm Applied Molecular Evolution Inc. (AME). Increase in the shares of AME; Specialization of AME; Company...
- Lilly bulks up biotech research. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p15
Reports that Eli Lilly & Co. broke ground on March 31, 2004, on the final piece of a three-building biotechnology expansion at its Indianapolis, Indiana, technology center. Cost of the expansion; Kinds of research that could be carried out in the biotechnology laboratory; Company's total...