Coupons Boost Convert Market
- NuVasive hopes to gain nearly $350M from offering. // Medical Device Daily;6/24/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 117, p3
The article focuses on the pricing made by NuVasive on the 350 million dollar principal amount of 2.75% convertible notes due 2017 in an underwritten public offering.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;3/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 55, p3
The article reports on the statement of OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc. that it will fully redeem on April 21, 2010 all of its remaining outstanding 3.25% convertible senior subordinated notes due 2023 under the terms of the indenture under which the notes were issued in September 2003.
- The role of convertible bonds in alleviating contracting costs. Krishnaswami, Sudha; Yaman, Devrim // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p792
Abstract: Theoretical research argues that convertible bonds mitigate the contracting costs of moral hazard, adverse selection, and financial distress. Using firm-specific and macroeconomic factors of the contracting costs, we examine the extent to which they impact the likelihood of issuance...
- Is the Convert party Drawing to a Close? Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p44
Assesses the market for convertible bonds in Europe. Factors contributing to the growth rate in the market; Reason for hedge funds' acquisition of convertible bonds; Comparison between investment grade bonds in the U.S. and Europe.
- THE TOXIC CONVERTIBLE: ESTABLISHING MANIPULATION IN THE WAKE OF SHORT SALES. Nayini, Deepa // Emory Law Journal;Winter2005, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p721
Discusses toxic convertibles in the United States. Way in which an investor who buys a toxic convertible can manipulate the market for the underlying stock by aggressively selling the stock short; Purpose of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934; Use of the act as a legitimate tool to police...
- Share Buybacks Boost Convertibles Market. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/26/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 25, p22
The article reports on the recovery of the convertible bonds market in the U.S. following the increase in issuance for this hybrid security by healthcare companies. A financial analyst from Goldman Sachs & Co. has commented that the convertible equity capital market will increase by 50 percent...
- Bonos convertibles. Zurita L., Salvador; Huerta G., Iv�n // Estudios de Administraciï¿½n;1997, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p21
Convertible debentures are hybrid securities: they are similar to regular bonds in that they pay fixed coupons and principal at maturity, but at the same time they can be exchanged for common stocks of the issuing firm. As in the case of warrants, if the conversion option is exercised, the firm...
- FE Adviser Fund Index. Hirst, Tomas // Money Marketing;7/1/2012, p22
The author looks at the resurgence of the appeal of convertible bonds (CB) in the investment community in Great Britain from the onset of the financial crisis. He explains the reason behind the little clamour for convertibles in the retail market. He also comments on the unwillingness of the...
- Move over CoCos; 'Net Shares' Will Do. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/18/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on the introduction of net share settlement structure by Deutsche Bank AG in New York. Cash refund requirement for net share settlement convertibles; Accounting benefits of contingent convertibles; Advantages of net share settlement structure.