A New Paramour For Dynegy Unit?
- Exelon-IP connection goes live. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p1
This article reports that the company Exelon Corp. is expected to announce a deal to acquire Downstate utility Illinois Power Co. from Dynegy Inc. for about $2.2 billion as of November 03, 2003. Houston-based Dynegy and Exelon declined to comment late last week on the status of a deal that...
- Dynegy terminates merger with Enron; bankruptcy possible. // LP/Gas;Dec2001, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the termination of the plan of Dynegy Inc. to acquire energy company Enron Corporation. Effect of the termination of the acquisition plan on the finances of Enron; Reason for the termination of the acquisition plan; Impact of the business failure of Enron on energy trading markets.
- Dynergy walks from proposed Enron buy. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;Dec2001, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1
Reports the termination of the merger agreement between Enron Corp. and Dynegy in Houston, Texas. Allegation of Dynegy on breaches of representations, warranties, covenants and other agreements; Details of the stock for stock merger; Effect of the departure of Andrew Fastow, former chief...
- Dynegy, Illinova Approve Merger. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p10
Announces that Dynergy Inc. and Illinova Corp. boards of directors approved a merger plan for the two companies. Name of the combined company; Company that is investing new equity in the combined company; Conditions of the merger.
- Dynergy Nears Deal for Enron. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 42, p9
Announces that Dynegy is negotiating to acquire Enron. Terms of the acquisition; Information on the companies.
- Dynegy sells Hornsea store to SSE for Â£130m. Dooley, Trevor // Utility Week;10/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the acquisition of the Hornsea gas storage business of Dynegy by Scottish and Southern Energy in October 2002. Value of the acquisition; Benefit from the acquisition; Storage capacity of the Hornsea site.
- Dynegy to Merge with Illinova. Orshal, Jody // Chemical Week;6/23/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p56
Reports that Dynergy will acquire electricity generator Illinova in 1999. Value of the acquisition; Advantage of the deal to Dynergy; Percentage of the combined workforce expected to be eliminated by the combined company.
- Exelon turns to cost cuts to grow profits. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;5/12/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p16
Chicago, Illinois-based owner of Commonwealth Edison Co. Exelon Corp. has told investors that it wanted to improve its financial conditions by buying another power company between its Chicago and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania markets. Chairman of the company John W. Rowe said that oversupply in the...
- EXELONâ€™S M&A TRACK RECORD. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/7/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p0003
A timeline of the mergers and acquisitions activity of energy company Exelon from 2003-2015 is presented.