Welding world: A look at what's new to use in welding
- Product Demos, Classes Draw Show Crowds. Harris, Richard A. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jun2001, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p25
Features electric welding equipment and supplies introduced at the 2001 Max International Trade Show. Weld cleaning systems; Welding hoods; Resistance welding electrodes.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Manz, August F. // Welding Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "SpinArcâ„¢ Welding System Explained," by Scott Funderburk in the June 2015 issue.
- Auto-Dark Lens Improves Welding. Ennamorato, Bob // Gases & Welding Distributor;May/Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p26
Discusses features of a welding helmet equipped with an automatic darkening filter (ADF) lens. Reduction of downtime, increase in productivity, and lowering of costs; Filter package; Helmet design; Performance characteristics; Eliminating smoke and fumes; Return-on-investment.
- New Shielding Mixtures Improve Weld Quality, Increase Weld Speeds. Williams, Aaron; Cording, William F. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p48
Provides information on a globally-applicable program developed by Air Products PLC for selecting shielding gases that are used for welding. Categories of gas mixtures; Benefits of the range of gases given in this program; Performance factors of evaluating gases; Increased weld speed.
- Open Letter to NWSA Members and Prospective Members. Doyle, Rick // Gases & Welding Distributor;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the decrease in member participation in National Welding Supply Association's program and services after the tragic events of September 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the U.S. Dramatic changes to the format of the Zone meetings in response to member suggestions; Toll-free safety...
- PRODUCT DIRECTORY. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p33
Presents the directory for related implements, equipment and supplies for metal fabrication and gas welding industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Products related to metal fabrication and gas welding accessories; Bulk storage equipment; Cylinder conditioning instruments; Gas welding components.
- MATERIALS PROGRESS: WELDING/JOINING. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Nov2000, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p24
Presents information on several welding and joining equipment. Development of a pin tool for the friction stir welding of cylindrical shapes; Details on the alphaterpineol epoxy monomer created for computer circuit boards; Features of the glass-ceramic sealants created for ferritic chromium steels.
- Neatness counts. // American Machinist;Apr2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p164
Presents the combination of System 40 welding machine and surface tension transfer power source to clean the contamination of the reservoir of DeWys Manufacturing Inc. in Marne,Michigan. Efficiency to eliminate the spatter in the reservoir; Capability to weld thin materials; Ability to control...
- Welders keep cheese maker competitive. // American Machinist;Apr2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p166
Features Maxstar 40 that provides power source for welding jobs in Pocatello, Idaho. Capability to create arc for welding tasks; Availability of mobile parts to lessen the time spent to move some machines; Weight of the unit.
- 6. AUTOMATION. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Dec2000, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p57
Describes equipment for automating welding and fabrication processes. Robots to cut and weld; Arc welding; Boom-mast assemblies; Welding carriages, tractors; Resistance welding; Orbital welders.