Double disc grinding in automotive parts manufacturing
- Dana bends tube for safety. Couretas, John // Automotive News;3/2/1998, Vol. 71 Issue 5755, p20G
Discusses a new design in automobiles that absorbs crash energy by collapsing the driveshaft tube. Dana Corp's Spicer Driveshaft Divisions' showing of three variants on a design; Compares the collapsible driveshaft to a regular driveshaft.
- Design analysis for aftermarket components. Van Fleet, Vern // Machine Design;2/22/96, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p74
Focuses on the design procedure for an aftermarket replacement for an automotive part. First-time design for a replacement part; Electrical and mechanical characterization of samples; Example of a design sequence; Possible areas to reduce cost; Tests on prototypes to confirm the design.
- Today's `better' cars lack some good old things. Mandel, Leon // AutoWeek;6/27/94, Vol. 44 Issue 26, p13
Comments on changes in the features of automobile parts. Vent windows; Full down rear windows; Real spare tires; Rumble seats; Mohair upholstery; Business coupes; Knockoff wheels; Necker's knobs; Curb feelers; Running boards.
- Making aluminum car parts a reality. // USA Today Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 2601, p11
No abstract available.
- Gear change. // Engineer (00137758);8/16/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7800, p6
The article reports on the development of a clutchless multi-speed gearbox for electric cars by Zeroshift in Great Britain.
- Ford studies merging all powertrain groups. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;1/24/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5535, p6
Reports on ford Motor Co.'s consideration of the possibility of merging its powertrain operations worldwide. Advantages of the planned merger according to Earl Koops, manager of Ford's transmission and chassis operations; Four separate units of Ford's Automotive Group; Mondeo program as the...
- New side fairings option. // American Trucker;Jan2012, p13
The article previews Aerofficient LLC's fixed side fairings made from automotive-grade thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) material and is described to have a hinged three-panel construction that has a ten year expected life span.
- Body beautiful. KELLY, IAIN; CAUSE, JAMES; DTK // Street Machine;Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p154
The article presents the step-by-step instruction of the building a drag racing automobile from scratch including panel skins, widened doors, and fuel tank.
- War on unique parts nets savings for GM. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;12/6/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5529, p21
Reports on the criticisms that many different areas of General Motors (GM) were designing and building unique parts that perform the same function. Disadvantages of the practice; GM engineers' intention of doing more variations on a flexible engineering theme to avoid similar criticisms; 4300...