Encourage suggestions this way
- A suggestion system that works for you. Darragh-Jeromos, Peggy // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p6
Presents advise for establishing successful suggestion systems in the workplace. Integration of the suggestion system with the company culture; Recognition of employees for making improvementsin their own jobs; Award system.
- Management listens to employees. // NACD Directorship;Apr95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the results of the survey by Accountemps on the frequency that the top 1000 firms in the United States conduct employee surveys.
- Power of suggestions. Dempsey, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;3/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p9
Reports on how companies are turning to their employees for suggestions on cutting costs. Suggestion-box approach; Case of Rhino Foods Inc. who gave employees a shot at cutting costs and saving their jobs; Employee suggestion program at National Steel Corp.'s Great Lakes division.
- Suggestion boxes are getting stuffed. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the growing popularity of suggestion systems among companies. Results of a survey of executives conducted by AccounTemps; Benefits of suggestion systems.
- Surveys of substance. Cronin, Michael P.; Carney, Karen E. // Inc.;Jun94, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p112
Provides recommendations from smart company builders on the design and administration of an employee questionnaire that is more a tool for change than a forum for griping. Just Desserts (San Francisco) uses a cover letter; Wild Oats Market (Boulder, Colo.) allows employees to fill out surveys...
- Propositions. Bealer, George // Mind;Jan98, Vol. 107 Issue 425, p1
Shows how to develop the traditional theory of propositions without resorting to reductionism. Provision of a non-reductionist framework; Groups which the problems fall under; Characterization of the problems; Application of the theory.
- Money-making ideas for the profit-minded supervisor. Mintcloud, Buckley // Supervision;Dec1995, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the key elements of a successful employee suggestion program. Getting of strong support from the management; Tailoring of the program to corporate needs and getting message across to employees; Integration with stated company goals; Focus on recognition and credit.
- World class suggestion systems still work well. Savageau, John // Journal for Quality & Participation;Mar96, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p86
Deals with suggestion systems. System requirements; Topics for employee involvement training.
- Good ideas spin off of Masco's 'Wheel of Fortune'. // PHC Profit Report;9/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p4
Describes the Masco Plumbing Products Division's employee suggestion program patterned after television's `Wheel of Fortune' game show. Effectiveness of the program; Number of ideas received by the company in 1994; Contact information.