- The innovator's dilemma. Isenberg, David S. // America's Network;12/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 23, p11
Focuses on the impact of technologies on firms in the book `The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail,' by Clayton Christensen. Difference between sustaining and disruptive technologies; Transition of mechanical excavators from cable controls to hydraulic; Impact...
- Dozing at the Wheel. Marks, Peter // Computer-Aided Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the application of computer-aided design (CAD) in aerospace and automotive engineering. Factors which led to the development of CAD; Reference to the book `The Innovator's Dilemma,' by Clayton Christensen; Ray Kurzweil's argument on the symbiotic relationship between man and computers.
- NAPSTER: Sustaining vs. Disruptive Technologies. Draughon, Richard Scott // Information Executive;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p3
Discusses the tension between sustaining and disruptive technologies. Introduction of alternative business models to change the way industries function, such as the music file sharing service Napster; Insights from the book 'The Innovator's Dilemma,' by Clayton Christensen; Forums for resolving...
- A Recipe for Disruption. Gage, Stephen J. // Management Review;Mar2000, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p46
Reviews the book `The Innovator's Dilemma,' by C.M. Christensen.
- The Innovator's Dilemma. Hill, Paul T. // Education Week;06/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p52
Comments on the potential disruptive technologies in education. Topic of the book `The Innovator's Dilemma,' by Clayton M. Christensen; Sources for demand for online technologies in education; Information on the providers of the online technologies.
- THE NEW INNOVATORS. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;06/11/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p35
Focuses on the impact of technological innovations on the financial status of various companies in the United States. Details on the book 'The Innovator's Dilemma,' by Clayton Christensen; Comments of company founder Carver Mead regarding these innovations; Kinds of disruptive innovations.
- Worth the paper it's printed on? Heller's, Robert // Management Today;Oct97, p135
Reviews the book `The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fall,' by Clayton M. Christensen.
- Warning: Disruption Ahead. Zink, John C. // Power Engineering;Mar99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p6
Discusses disruptive technological innovations in the electric power generation business. Information on the book `The Innovator's Dilemma -- When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail,' by Clayton M. Christensen; Challenges faced by electric vehicles (EV).
- Biz Book Gets Late Buzz. Rosen, Judith; Quinn, Judith // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p25
Provides information on the book `The Innovator's Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fall,' by Clayton Christensen. Views on the book; Comment from Sarah McConville, HBSP publicity manager; Factors that influenced the increased sales of the book in 1998.