Continuing Professional Development
- ACCOUNTING PRACTICE IN FIVE LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES. Plansky, Michael // FE: The Magazine for Financial Executives;Apr1985, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on accounting practice in five Latin American countries including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela. These countries have some form of regulatory body governing its accounting policies, but the degree of enforcement responsibility varies significantly. Mexico...
- Don't lose sight of business goals. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Presents reminders on accounting practice in the United States. Information technology as a tool to enable business to achieve its goals; Confusion about technology's role; Importance of business skills.
- Survey reveals that CAs' are highly valued. // Accountancy Ireland;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p45
Reports on a survey revealing that chartered accountants are highly valued in Ireland. Views on the distinctions between chartered accountants and other types of accountants; Indications that chartered accountants are most widely employed, most valued and best trained of the various accountants.
- European Union news. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p34
Presents news items affecting accounting in Europe as of October 1997. Includes the takeover of Luxembourg for presidency of the European Union on July 1, 1997; Cohesion Funding received by Ireland for the period 1993-1999; European Union inflation figures.
- Accounting. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p45
Presents accounting news items in Ireland as of October 1997. Includes proposals by the Accounting Standards Board on derivatives and other financial instruments; Features of the paper released by the European Commission setting out the implications of the Euro for the financial reporting of...
- Technical North. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p46
Presents accounting news items in Northern Ireland as of October 1997. Changes to the provisions of companies legislation concerning accounts and audit; Regulations on official rate of interest on loans provided by employers; Features of the Registration of Clubs Regulations affecting the...
- Miscellaneous. // Accountancy Ireland;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p48
Presents accounting news items in Ireland as of October 1997. Issuance of a revised Irish supplement to the Listing Rules by the Irish Stock Exchange; Department of Finance's decision to promote usage of funds available under Interreg Programme; Central Statistics Office's issuance of an...
- Where we're headed! Gilchrist, Gordon // Accountancy Ireland;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p23
Features 20 predictions concerning accounting in Ireland. Includes high value services that will be offered by accountants; Role of information technology in running businesses; Perceived low-value services.
- Technical update--April 1998. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p43
Reports on developments related to accounting in Ireland as of April 1998. Includes standard on reporting of financial performance; Foreign currency translation; Accounting for insurance business; Investment reporting standards.