- On Patrol. Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p29
Presents updates on the experiences of Environmental Conservation police officers who have sworn to uphold the laws of New York with emphasis on the Environmental Conservation law, as of February 2004. Charges filed against pickerel-packing fishermen; Methods used to clear the airway of a child...
- EPA Makes Progress on Corrective Action Revisions. Bergeson, Lynn // Pollution Engineering;Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p23
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's proposal to amend the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act regulations on corrective action management units (CAMU) to provide flexibility and clarity. Brief history of the CAMU rule; Provisions under the final CAMU rule published...
- Legislation would be a boon to state's wetlands. Stinson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p34
Reports that Louisiana will become a beneficiary of a piece of legislation earmarking federal royalties from offshore oil drilling for environmental conservation and restoration. Provisions under the Conservation and Reinvestment Act; Breakdown of funds allocated under the bill.
- Voluntary RCRA corrective action: An opportunity for industry. Robinson, Janet E.; Vaillancourt, Guy Wm. // Pollution Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) piloting of a new dimension of its Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Corrective Action Program by embarking on a new initiative that emphasizes a voluntary and cooperative approach. Description of the voluntary program;...
- Requirements modified for post-closure. Tutein, Thomas R. // Pollution Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's modification of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1996 to impose requirements on non-permitted land disposal units requiring post-closure care.
- Draft Nature Conservation Bill backed. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;6/20/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 24, p16
Deals with the support given by Scottish farmers to the draft Nature Conservation Bill by Scottish farmers. Overview of the draft bill; Advantages of the draft bill to the farming community; Significance of natural heritage to the country.
- States Bribed in Huge Landgrab. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;08/07/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p22
Discusses the proposed Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) which would create a trust fund to enable the United States government to acquire land for conservation. Discussion on the purpose of the CARA; Details on the funding for environmental programs; Republican lawmakers who are behind...
- Feds Promise National Panel. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) has welcomed the proposal to create a new national panel to advise the federal government on fish, wildlife, and conservation issues.
- The Land of Giants. Hart, David // Outdoor Life;Sep2008, Vol. 215 Issue 8, pHB12
The article discusses several factors to be considered before engaging in giant whitetail deer hunting in Saskatchewan. A hunter would be hunting over an artificial food source. They need to have passport and fill out a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration and pay a small fee in order to register...