Making Waves one stroke at a time
- Comprehensive Student Support Program. M. L. T. // University Business;Apr2015, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses the Comprehensive Student Support Program launched by the New York-based Paul Smith's College, with the aim to facilitate better information sharing and collaboration between faculty and student services and to support struggling students.
- The College Instructor. Shekhovskaia, N.L. // Russian Education & Society;Aug2002, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p60
Focuses on instructors in Russian colleges and universities. Phenomenon of professional pedagogical culture as an integral property of the personality of the professional teacher; Qualities of a good college instructor; Desire for creative endeavor as an indication of the college teacher's...
- The professoriate in international perspective: Who... Lewis, Lionel S.; Altbach, Philip G. // Academe;May/Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the changes that colleges and universities are going through internationally, and identifies problems affecting the academic profession. Importance of understanding the contemporary academic profession; Benefits derived from comparison of the circumstances of scholars in various...
- Censured Administrations. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p104
Presents a list of censured administrations of institutions published by the American Association of University Professors.
- College and University Academic and Professional Appointments. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p105
Presents a report on college and university academic professional appointments by the American Association of University Professors. Issues discussed in the report; Recommendations.
- Managing Productivity in an Academic Institution: Rethinking the Whom, Which, What, and Whose of Productivity. Rhoades, Gary // Research in Higher Education;Oct2001, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p619
Drawing on a review of scholarly literature, this article suggests rethinking productivity in academic institutions along four dimensions: the productivity of whom, productivity for which unit of analysis, productivity according to what functions, and productivity in whose interests. It offers...
- University vice president guides students down path to the real world. Ayers, Anita // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p1
Profiles vice president for Student Affairs Barbara M. Geider of the University of New York. Career history of Geider; Educational background; Managerial skills.
- What Do Professors Do? Gordon, Paul J. // Business Horizons;May/Jun86, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the role of professors in the academic establishments. Varieties of teaching styles; Advancement for people in professional and managerial capacities; Important components of the role of university professors.
- UC Hiring Fewer Women Professors After Prop. 209. // Black Issues in Higher Education;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the University of California (UC) has hired fewer female faculty following passage of anti-affirmative action ballot measure Proposition 209. Information on the ballot measure; Percentage of women hired in UC in 1997; Explanation made by UC officials on their track record.