The Bifurcation in Commercial Real Estate
- S.D. Commercial Real Estate Market May Cool Off. Bergman, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the real estate market of San Diego, California. San Diego's office market is approaching its peak in 2005, according to one analyst. Acknowledging that 2004 produced record-breaking returns for commercial real estate investors in San Diego County across sub-markets and...
- Commercial real estate needs a boost. McConnell, Scott // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p18
Reports on the decline of average asking rate for renting office space in Fairfield County, Connecticut in the second quarter of 2004 as compared with the previous year. Reflection of the rate on the overall struggling economy of the state; Impact of landlord competition on average rates of...
- Some market conditions belie lenders' euphoria. Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p8
Comments on the state of the mortgage banking industry in the United States. Record-setting year that the industry posted in 2004 in terms of commercial and multifamily mortgage originations; Underlying industry problems that are being obscured by the low interest rates; Weakness of the office...
- Office Space Goes Condo as Trend Hits Los Angeles. Maese, Kathryn // San Diego Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p16
Reports on the growing trend of converting condominiums into office building in Los Angeles, California. Preference of condos by architects, nonprofits, designers and lawyers; Proliferation of office condominiums in some states; Eagerness of office tenants to become owners due to the low...
- THE HEAT IS OFF. Meadwell, Stacey // Estates Gazette;8/11/2007, Issue 732, p71
The article focuses on the performance of the office investment market in Bristol, England in the first half of 2007. It notes that the secondary stock in the market are starting to lose some of its appeal. It cites the impact of the rising interest rates on the market. It advises investors to...
- Young financiers need to take care as the real world intrudes. Gummer, John // Estates Gazette;9/8/2007, Issue 736, p73
The author assesses the condition of the commercial real estate market in Great Britain. He states that the contrast between the performance of prime and secondary property is already showing strongly and there is a growing concern about oversupply of offices in London, England. He explains that...
- Tips on doing business in a rising rate market. Scholl, Susan // Inside Tucson Business;06/19/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p10
Offers tips to those in the United States commercial real estate industry on doing business in a rising interest rate market. Impact of higher rates; Positive approach to rising interest rates.
- Taking the Floating-Rate Gamble. Fitzpatrick, Kathleen // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2002, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p25
Focuses on the occurrence of floating-rate deals in commercial real estate industry in the U.S. Decline of governmental lending rates; Concept of fixed-rate loans; Influence of pre-payment penalty on the reduction of interest rate.
- Real-estate interest up with cut in rate. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;2/26/96, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p30
Presents a question and answer segment on the short term interest rates and real estate interest. Effects of low rate on commercial real estate; State of the office market.