The Latest on Fees
- M&A Looks Good For Stocks in 2000. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/16/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p3
Looks at impact of corporate merger and acquisition deals to the stocks of several firms in the year 2000. Effects on stocks in the business industry; Comment from Ralph Acampora, director of technical research at Prudential Securities; Details on the acquisition activities in the utility sector.
- In M&A, cash may be king, but not in all kingdoms. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/29/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the resurgence of cash deals in mergers in the United States. Decline of stock-for-stock merger and acquisition deals; Uncertainty in the stock market.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 33, p34
Presents charts showing figures on underwriting in the merger and acquisition activity in the United States for the first week of August 2000. Announced U.S. target volume by selected industry as of August 4, 2000; Largest U.S. target deals as of August 10, 2000.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/14/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 33, p37
Presents charts showing figures on underwriting in the merger and acquisition activity for the first week of August 2000. Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers as of August 4, 2000; Largest acquisition related syndicated loans as of August 10, 2000.
- McCaw wins nod, some bondholders gain. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;11/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the impact of the bidding war between India's Zee Telefilms and Craig McCaw over ICO Global on ICO Global's stock price.
- EMPIRE ENERGY GETS WORKING INTEREST IN TEXAS GAS LEASE. // Worldwide Energy;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the 30 percent working interest acquisition of Empire Energy Corp. in the Bedsole Unit lease in Leon County, Texas.
- Vishay's buy of General Semi could benefit both. Chamoff, Lisa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p20A
Reports business developments in Long Island, New York as of August 2001. Plan of Vishay Intertechnology to acquire General Semiconductor; Generation of funds from stock sale by Acclaim Entertainment; Joint venture of Hain Celestial by Grupo Siro.
- Time for takeovers? // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/29/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on reasons behind the lack of large-scale merger-and-acquisition (M&A) deals in the United States during the first six months of 2003. Corporate executives' lack of interest in big transactions; Total dollar value of corporate M&A during the period; M&A forecast for the second half of...
- A bumpier road for equity carve-outs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p26
Presents statistical information on the average aftermarket gain for equity carve-outs contracted for the second straight year in 1997. Information on the average upturn for restructuring IPOs; Look at the IPO carve-outs by United States public companies for 1997.
- The Ice Age: A market downturn,TMT woes and regulatory battles chill global M&A. Hahn, Avital Louria; Oligino, Dean // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/16/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 28, pN.PAG
Presents information pertaining to the global merger and acquisitions (M&A) business. Impact of the European Commission's dismissal of the multi-million dollar merger between General Electric Corp. and Honeywell Manufacturing Inc. in July 2001 on global M&A; Decrease in the valuations of tech,...