Telemark! The Ancient Way to Ski
- TELE CRAZY IN VERMONT. Shinn, Peggy // Ski;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 69, p8
Provides information on telemark skiing. Reasons behind the increase in the popularity of the sport; Information on the ski resorts in Vermont that offer telemark lessons; Overview of the lessons offered by the telemark ski school in Mad River, Vermont.
- Feel the Pinch. Rigby, Kasha // Skiing;Jan2004, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p52
Provides tips for intermediate telemarker skiers on facing the fall line in a ski slope. Suggested position of the body when making a turn; Approach to doing a counter-rotation.
- Is Telemarking Stupid? FREEHEEL DOESN'T MEAN SLOW. Hansen, Eric // Skiing;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p42
This article presents a letter by Eric Hansen regarding the virtues of telemark skiing and claims that telemark skiing is superior to alpine skiing. Hansen recounts telemarking in La Grave, France, the physics of telemark skiing, and claims that telemark skiers are tougher and more skilled than...
- TRY TELEMARKING at these New York State operated ski areas. // New York State Conservationist;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p9
Suggests New York State operated ski areas for telemark skiing. Terrain of Belleayre; Features of Gore; Slopes of Whiteface; Contact information.
- Master The Telemark Turn. // Backpacker;Feb2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p43
The article offers advice on mastering the telemark turns in skiing.
- Is Telemark Dead? Goodman, David // Ski;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p48
Ponders on the secret of telemark skiing's staying power. Historical background of telemark skiing; How practitioners view telemarking; Comments from Paul Parker, one of the influential people in the world of freeheel skiing.
- Three Pinners' Revenge. Markels, Alex // Ski;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Presents an article which deals with the popularity of telemarking in the sport of skiing. Innovations of ski designs; Transformation of telemarking; Growth of telemarking; Details on backcountry and resort telemark programs.
- Telemark Skiing. Lewon, Dennis // Backpacker;Jan2016, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p38
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of trying a tele skiing.
- It only seems like endless winter... // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/19/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p23
The article reports on the hosting of Windham Mountain on the Endless Winter Rail Jam in New York on May 24, 2008. It invites all avid snowboarders and skiers to participate the family-friendly program and it highlights that the participants will enjoy food, music, and the raffle prizes which...