The CFO OutTakes
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.
- Are CFOs Ready For Prime Time? O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on the readiness of chief financial officers to regulations in the U.S. Results of a survey conducted by CFO Research Services and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- CORRECTION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p4
A correction is presented to a graphic that appeared on page 22 of the May/June, 2008 issue.
- CFOs bullish on expansion, but worry about tax increases. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p28
Reports on the corporate chief financial officers' (CFO) optimism on expansion opportunities for 1993. Concerns over the effect of tax increases; Percentage of companies with expansion plans; Percentage of companies cautious about expansions; Concern over corporate tax policy; Other threats to...
- Private firms should revisit accounting practices. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
Relates the results of a survey of chief financial officers on the impact of new accounting regulations in the U.S. Changes in firms' accounting procedures; Enhancement of organization's internal audit function.
- Fortune 1,000 Chief Financial Officers on Business School Education. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47
Surveys the educational background of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies. Actual schools attended by the CFOs and the majors and degrees they earned; CFOs' undergraduate and graduate choices if they were preparing for their current position; Popularity of Bachelor...
- What Does a Graduate Need?: Evidence from the Careers and Opinions of CFOs. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p59
Surveys the attitudes of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies towards selected academic subjects and skills. Career paths of the CFOs; Number of areas worked by typical CFO; Useful academic subjects and personal skills; Finance and accounting as very important...
- Mary Mahoney leads quality charge. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/3/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 15, p1
Reports the career performance of Mary Mahoney, chief executive of Howard Johnson International Inc. in the United States. Emphasis of Mahoney on quality service for hotel franchisers; Implementation of interest free-plans for the improvement of facilities; Offer of seminars and workshops...
- Today's dynamic CFO. Mason, Laurie // Outlook;Winter97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on changes in the roles of chief financial officers (CFO) in California. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) as CFOs; Changes in customer demands for CFOs; CFOs as catalysts for change in the company; Tips to help CPAs in transition from public accounting to CFO position. INSET: Before...
- The CFO's E-Survival Guide: Will You Be 'Voted' Out? Dickson, Michael R. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep2001, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on the role of chief financial officer (CFO) of certified public accountants. Importance of managing information technology by the CFO; Responsibilities of the CFO; Qualifications for the position of CFO; Utilization of the Internet for the enhancement of the organization.