Clinton Group Departure Renews Valuation Concerns
- Reeling in business. GELLER, JEN // Crain's New York Business;8/12/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 32/33, p37
The article reports on the growing popularity of fishing activities as a favorite pastime among corporate executives, particularly in the New York area, as of August 2013. It features hedge-fund manager Michael Prober, who claimed that fishing has become his favored pastime and preferred way of...
- Family & Foundation Investing. // Investor Focus;Sep2010, p1
The article offers information on the efforts of U.S. family offices to seek for Asian and European hedge fund managers. According to Christine Jurinich, partner and member of the investment at Offit Capital Advisors, there were some strategies of a manager in a specific category that preserved...
- Hedge funds should give investors choice. Sloan, Fred // Pensions & Investments;12/28/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p12
The article presents the author's views on the pros and cons of using separately managed accounts in lieu of, or in addition to, hedge funds. The author states that all strategies are not suited to separate accounts, and many top quality hedge fund managers continue to operate exclusively...
- A hedge fund manager not suffering from performance anxiety. // Money Management;4/9/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses the controversial plight of hedge funds in the current economic downturn, that is dependent on the behavior of the investment adviser that manages the fund. It cites some chief executives, who cheat and manipulate financial gains toward personal interests. It adds that the...
- Experiencing life on the hedge. // Money Marketing;10/4/2007, following p46
The article discusses the author's sentiments on the aspects that advisers need to consider if high-net-worth clients favor hedge funds. He asserts that advisers should take into account the required research capacity and knowledge to identify suitable investments of such fund. He emphasizes...
- Time Spent on Compliance Rises Up to 50% for Majority of Hedge Funds. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2013, p87
A Deutsche Bank survey of hedge fund managers reveals that time and money spent on legal and regulatory matters has increased greatly over the last two years, while at the same time, managers are taking a wait-and-see approach for Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) compliance.
- David Perry of TeamCo Advisers on Why Big Egos Are a Good Thing. Alexander, Jan // AR Magazine;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p15
An interview with David Perry, investment adviser and head of hedge fund specialist TeamCo Advisers, is presented. Perry has provided advice to pension fund investment managers via his San Franciso-based company, which experienced a 11.54 percent increase in 2012 and 7.13 percent year to date...
- Outrunning the bulls. P.G. // Financial World;6/17/96, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p60
Features hedge fund managers and their investment tactics. George Soros of Quantum Fund N.V.; William Napoli of Napoli Investment Partners L.P.; Brendan Contant of Bennett/Lawrence; Edwin Vroom of Roanoke Partners L.P.; Art Spinner of Hambro/Spinner Renaissance Fund.
- Matrix hedge fund duo aiming to meet demand. Barr, Rebecca // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p14
Reports on the introduction of hedge funds by Matrix Money Management in Great Britain. Response to an increased demand from private investors; Features of the Matrix Bastion fund and Matrix Horizon fund; Initiative to encourage investment in the stock market.