Bulge Bracket's Costly League Table War
- Buying's Back In Style. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/2/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 46, p12
Focuses on block trading by several companies in United States. Benefits of block trading; Procedure of block trading; Effect of block trading deals on the banks in the U.S.
- The impact of international swap lines on stock returns of banks in emerging markets. Andries, Alin Marius; Fischer, Andreas M.; Yeşin, Pınar // Swiss National Bank Working Papers;2015, Issue 8, p1
This paper investigates the impact of international swap lines on stock returns using data from banks in emerging markets. The analysis shows that swap lines by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) had a positive impact on bank stocks in Central and Eastern Europe. It then highlights the importance of...
- Block Trades Lose Appeal, Lowering Follow-ons. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 16, p11
The article informs that last year's block trading boom has turned into a bust, contributing to a near 50% drop in secondary stock issuance so far this year. The decline in secondary issuance has been a source of concern for both Wall Street and the corporate community this year, and is largely...
- Fast-action trading is the hot game in today's market. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p21
Focuses on the insurance and investment market, looking directly at investing at Block Trading Incorporated, which was opened in September 1997 in New Orleans, Louisiana. How clients operate; Estimated amount serious day traders can make; Information on day trading; How persons can benefit from...
- Nasdaq's New Block Service. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 213, p58
Focuses on the use of Liquidity Tracker block trading service offered by Nasdaq in the U.S. Features of the trading system; Concept of the system; Functionality of Liquidity Tracker.
- PERLMAN v. FELDMANN AND THE SALE OF CONTROL- A BRIEF RECONSIDERATION. Connolly, Leonard J. // Business Lawyer;Apr71, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1259
Highlights the case of Perlman v. Feldmann related to sale of block of shares represents the de facto corporate control. Accompaniment of the appointed nominees provided conditions; Buyer of controlling shares requirement on the purchase of the minority shares; Implication on the violation of...
- New stock trading franchise cuts out middleman. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p8
Focuses on the planned opening of Block Trading, a Houston franchise that would provide customers real-time access to the market through NASDAQ's Small Order Execution System which allows investors to bypass traditional brokers and make quick trade decisions. Recollection on the development of...
- Harborside+ Adds OMS Links To Block Trading Service. // Securities Industry News;12/16/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p10
Reports that Harborside+, a block trading service for the buy and sell sides backed by Thompson Financial and Jefferies & Co., has added order management systems from Thompson and Linedata to the list of systems that interface with the trading Platforms. Uses of the system; Companies that are...
- Brooklyn Flea and Smorgasburg Move One Block North. // Maine Antique Digest;May2013, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p8-A
The article reports that the Brooklyn Flea and the Williamsburg site of Smorgasburg will move one block trading to East River State Park in New York in April 2013.