Is Celibacy The New Virginity?
- SEXY BY DESIGN, CELIBATE BY CHOICE. Swift, Simon // Diva;Apr2005, Issue 107, p36
Discusses the life of a lesbian couple and their choice to abstain from having a sexual relationship. Misconceptions about celibate relationships; Recognition of the normal sexual behavior of British heterosexuals; Perception of celibates on the gay scene; Difficulty in avoiding sexual urges;...
- ABSTINENCE. Lange, Donna; McDonnell, Mary Ann // Taking Responsibility: A Teen's Guide to Contraception & Pregnan;2004, p22
This article focuses on sexual abstinence. For some people, babies arrive before marriage and often before love. By making a lifestyle choice of abstinence, a person can grow relationships before making babies. Abstaining from sex means not having sex at all for a period of time. Some people...
- Celibacy a research curiosity. // Contemporary Sexuality;Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p8
The article presents information on the increasing incidents of celibacy in the society. Researchers at the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction at the University of Indiana and those at other academic institutions are finding there's something to nothing. It's an...
- THE WAITING GAME. Firmin, Yvonne // Ralph;Oct2005, p194
Presents a story of a man who kept dating women but never had sex with them. Reason behind the move; Details of the encounter; Impact of a man's celibacy on women.
- Celibacy is Not About Denying Our Sexuality. Kimbrough, John C. // JOY: The Journal of Yoga;Winter2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the concept of celibacy in the practice of Yoga. Characterizations of celibacy in Yoga; Teaching of Yoga regarding sex; Attitudes of people toward sex.
- SEXUAL ROULETTE. Lee, Hanna // Women's Health (08847355);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p117
The article offers advice about avoiding having casual and unsafe sex.
- Clergy Affairs: Emotional Investment, Longevity of Relationship and Affair Partners. Thoburn, John; Whitman, D. Mitchell // Pastoral Psychology;Jul2004, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p491
While there has been a growing body of research on clergy infidelity behavior (Blackmon, 1984; Muck, 1988; Thoburn & Balswick, 1999), factors predicting infidelity (Blackmon, 1984; Steinke, 1989; Thoburn & Balswick, 1994) and attitudes related to clergy infidelity (Steinke, 1989; Thoburn &...
- Priests responding to survey favor celibacy discussion. Coday, Dennis // National Catholic Reporter;10/8/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p7
Discusses a 2004 national survey of U.S. Catholic priests conducted by two church reform groups, which found that two-thirds of priests favor an open discussion of the mandatory celibacy rule for diocesan priests. Background on the survey which forms part of a larger campaign, the Corpus Christi...
- Methodius and Methodologies: Ways of Reading Third-century Christian Sexual Symbolism. Norman, Ralph // Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study;Sep2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p79
St Methodius of Olympus, Bishop of Patara and martyr of the Diocletian persecution, uses sexual language in an unusual way. In a treatise on celibacy, "The Symposium, he describes the relationship of Christians to Jesus Christ using the language of male orgasm. The cross is described as the...