- how to avoid hassles and headaches when systems people and users meet. McLamore, Hilliard // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Summer79, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p4
Describes a methodology wherein computer systems designers and computer users can effectively communicate. Discussion on the problem with culture and knowledge gaps; Role of managers in solving the differences; Details of the Detailed Definition of Requirements agreement.
- WE'RE THE MANAGEMENT. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p77
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a new user account in a database management software.
- Measuring Network Traffic. Schuyler, Michael // Computers in Libraries;Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p55
Offers observations on measuring computer network traffic. Explanation of how Ethernet operates; Collision detection technology; Use of Lanalyzer software from Novell; Conclusion that too many users may harm a network; Suggestion that SolarWinds Engineer's Edition software is sufficient...
- Careful, Big Brother. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;4/1/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p34
Focuses on using tools to monitor and restrict staff use of company-owned technology. Security measures in managing data; Ways to prevent misuse of corporate computing and communications resources; Effect of granting workers the freedom to use computers.
- Save Us from Our Timesavers. Lundborg, Paul // Clergy Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p15
The author reflects on the need for the computer user to take some distance from technology, which offers time-saving and life-giving, with a gadget-free rest day. He assesses that some computer tools have helped people accomplish a task more quickly than the outdated predecessors, but have not...
- Monitor & document position focus of research report. // Professional Safety;Aug95, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the report `Vision Comfort at VDTs' by Stewart Leavitt examining common physical complaints of VDT users. Features; Recommendations for preventing VDT problems; Contact information.
- Configuration Tool. // Network Dictionary;2007, p118
A definition of the term "Configuration Tool" is presented. It refers to a software utility that enables a user to configure elements in a network.
- Those training wheels are there for a reason. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);May2005, p51
This article comments on the policy of organizations of giving administrator rights to computer users. These are the same people whose helpdesks are on permanent spyware-removal duty. The problem is that two groups of people don't get it, either because they do not understand, or because they...
- MEASURING THE INTANGIBLE BENEFITS OF A COMPUTER. Bagstad, Charles W. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Spring71, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p49
Describes some common intangible benefits of computer usage and a proposed method in evaluating its value. Concept of intangible benefits; Analysis of the intangible benefits of the computer systems; Information on the opinion polling technique; Steps in evaluating the intangible benefits of...