News from Europe
- Europe in brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 23, p8
Presents news from the chemical industry of Europe. Acquisition of Pelzer and Roehrl GmbH by Raisio Group; High-purity generator installed by Air Products and Chemicals; Planned polypropylene plants of Tiszai Vegyi Kombinat (TVK) Co.
- Europe in brief. MILMO, SEAN // Chemical Market Reporter;01/11/99, Vol. 255 Issue 2, p7
Presents news briefs on chemical industry in Europe. Agreement signed by Dow Chemical to buy Shell's general purpose rubber (GPR); Finalization of agreement between Kemira Chemicals and Solvay company.
- Personal exposure to PM2.5, black smoke and NO2 in Copenhagen: relationship to bedroom and outdoor concentrations covering seasonal variation. Sørensen, Mette; Loft, Steffen; Andersen, Helle Vibeke; Raaschou-Nielsen, Ole; Skovgaard, Lene Theil; Knudsen, Lisbeth E.; Nielsen, Ivan V.; Hertel, Ole // Journal of Exposure Analysis & Environmental Epidemiology;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p413
Epidemiological studies have found negative associations between human health and particulate matter in urban air. In most studies outdoor monitoring of urban background has been used to assess exposure. In a field study, personal exposure as well as bedroom, front door and background...
- CARBON MARKET WORTH â‚¬2 TRILLION BY 2020. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Jun2008, Issue 401, p14
The article reports that the value of worldwide carbon market is estimated at 2 trillion euros by 2020 if the U.S. introduces a national cap-and-trade scheme. Point Carbon based its estimate on the likelihood that the U.S. would legislate a federal cap-and-trade scheme which would be consistent...
- Scheme is a 'stick and carrot'. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/27/2006, Issue 1844, p15
The article provides information regarding the British government's decision of early inclusion of aviations in the emissions trading scheme of the European Union. The decision has called for mixed reactions from member countries like the United States and Great Britain. The scheme is designed...
- Industry pressured on EU ETS phase III data. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Dec2009, Issue 419, p50
The article reports that the British government has drafted preliminary data-gathering regulations which aimed at expanding the scope of the 3rd phase of the European Union emissions trading scheme, which will be imposed by January 2013. The European Parliament will present the bloc-wide...
- 'Emissions four' face ECJ. // European Power News;Mar2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that the European Commission, which says their Governments have failed to properly establish the European Union emissions trading regime in their countries, is taking Italy, Finland, Belgium and Greece to the European Court of Justice. This came into force on January 11, but...
- Environment Watch. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2166, p24
Presents updates on environmental issues in the chemical industry as of October 10, 2005. Agreement associated with greenhouse gas emissions reached by Korean authorities and Rhodia; Goal of the public education campaign launched by the American Chemistry Council; Information on the report...
- Air Pollution Modeling at Road Sides Using the Operational Street Pollution Model--A Case Study in Hanoi, Vietnam. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Nov2010, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p1315
No abstract available.