And a further three surveys from Croner Consulting
- Finding the right retirement plan for your business. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;05/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3A
Focuses on the importance of retirement plans to businesses. Hiring and retainment of good employees; Defined contribution plans; Simplified Employee Pension; Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees.
- Retirement Planning for Owner-Only Businesses. Gaston, Lavestia // Tennessee Tribune;12/10/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p9A
The article provides information on a Solo Defined Benefit Plan, one option for ownership-only business retirement plans.
- BEYOND GOOD INTENTIONS: STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING YOUR CSR PERFORMANCE. Bansal, Pratima; Maurer, Cara; Slawinski, Natalie // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information for companies involving the best practices for managing corporate social responsibility (CSR) ratings in the U.S. CSR ratings are comprised of aspects such as employee relations, governance practices, and environmental protection. It suggests that companies need to...
- Ethical reforms initiated by multinationals after a crisis of governance: Case study. Celka, Arnaud // Zeitschrift fuer Wirtschafts- und Unternehmensethik;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p117
The article presents a case study on ethical changes made by multinational companies (MNC) in response to governance crisis. It mentions that the said companies operate alongside various organizations including unions, non-government organizations (NGOs), and universities. It also offers an...
- Organizational Drivers of Corporate Social Responsibility: Disentangling Substance from Rhetoric. Schneper, William D.; Meyskens, Moriah; Soleimani, Abrahim; Celo, Sokol; He, Wei; Leartsurawat, Watcharaphong // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter2015, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses key potential organizational factors that lead firms to espouse corporate social responsibility (CSR) as well the drivers of more substantive social performance. Topics include substantive versus rhetorical commitments to CSR, the impact of firm characteristics such as...
- CÃ³digos de Gobierno Â¿suficientes para afrontar la crisis? López Quesada Martín, Erika // Partida Doble;Nov2011, Vol. 22 Issue 237, p46
More than half a century that people began to talk of Corporate Governance (GC) to incorporate ethics into the companies in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Once again, this latest economic crisis turns to have their foundations in ethical coherence of dubious decisions. Given...
- Board of director's effectiveness and the stakeholder perspective of corporate governance: Do effective boards promote the interests of shareholders and stakeholders? Garcia-Torea, Nicolas; Fernandez-Feijoo, Belen; de la Cuesta, Marta // Business Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p246
This paper analyzes whether effective boards of directors in addressing shareholder interests also prove to be effective in guaranteeing the interests of the rest of the firm's stakeholders. We measure board effectiveness based on the shareholder perspective, and test whether it is valid for the...
- BEGINNING OF THE END. Mirel, Diana // Journal of Property Management;jul/aug2006, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses factors to be considered when structuring a succession plan of a property management business to ensure rewarding transition, when the owner plans to retire. Ed Boudreau, Certified Property Manager and president and chairman of the board at Capital Consultants, cites how he...
- Growth of revenue, profits make business valuable. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p10
The article provides an answer to a question of how make a saleable asset after retirement.