THE COMBI-OVEN ADVANTAGE: Reduce labor, speed service
- Microwave Ovens. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p100
Reports on the availability and features of microwave ovens as of December 1998.
- FAST FOOD. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/25/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4823, Special Section pXVIII
The article discusses features, functionality, and innovations in commercial microwave ovens.
- RATINGS: Microwave ovens. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2001, p263
Presents information on the overall ratings of several brands and models of microwave ovens in performance order from price to overall score, based on a consumer report in December 1999.
- Ratings: Microwave ovens. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2000, p134
Evaluates brands of microwave ovens in the United States.
- GOING WITH THE GRAINS. Nyenhuis, Jacquelyn // Saturday Evening Post;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the use of microwave ovens for cooking grain products. Simplification of recipes through microwave cooking; Inclusion of grain products to meals to add variety to the dishes; Recipes for beginners using microwave ovens for grain cookery.
- Microwave safety: Fact vs. fiction. // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct2006, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p7
The article presents information on microwave safety. Microwave foods may not loose its vitamins and minerals once it is cooked in the microwave oven. Heating of water in a microwave will most likely cause injuries when heated past its boiling point and erupted from its cup. There is no truth in...
- Fresh from the Oven. Morin, Tracy // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Aug2013, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p52
The article discusses the types of ovens being used in pizza restaurants. The impingement oven, says Pam Burisky of the Dallas, Texas-based Ovention Ovens, is versatile as it can cook appetizers such as macaroni-and-cheese bites, stuffed ravioli and pastries. Atlanta, Georgia-based Varasanos...
- ESSENCE-ial. Sewell, Rhiannon // Australian House & Garden;Jan2001, Issue 1, p170
Features the Combination Microwave/Oven from the Essence range of Fisher & Paykel. Stainless-steel exterior; Touch-sensitive controls; Oven size; Self-cleaning liners; Price; Contact information.
- HEAT INDEX. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;10/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p71
The first recorded stove with an oven was built in the 1490s. Ovens have come a long way since then. Today, oven heat sources vary from gas burners and electric elements, to special light bulbs, magnetrons, and even wood. When microwave ovens were first introduced some 50 years ago, nobody could...