TAKING A HEART-HEALTHY APPROACH: CALORIE-WISE CHOICES
- The fat myth. Apgar, Toni // Vegetarian Times;Mar94, Issue 199, p6
Editorial. Debunks the notion that vegetarian food has high fat content. Presentation of a cooking demonstration in New York City; Taste of food as independent of fat content; Advice on fat.
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Autumn2002, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
Presents three vegetarian recipes that use tofu. Miso Tofu Brochettes with Pineapple; Three Berry Frozen Tofu Custard; Tofu Sour Cream.
- MAKING SUBSTITUTIONS: VEGAN FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p118
Offers suggestions in serving vegetarian food during the holidays. Sweetener tips; Use of tofu for desserts; Replacement for eggs and butter.
- Eggles Salad. Farrel-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p58
Presents the recipe for Tofu Salad Sandwich. List of ingredients; Preparation instructions.
- Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p110
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Tofu Tetrazzini; Five Bean Casserole; Four-Cheese Macaroni; Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie; Spicy Grilled Vegetable Orecchiette.
- Vegetarian Recipe Corner. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p114
Presents several vegetarian cookery. Monterey Skillet; Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers; White Beans With Cilantro, Lemon & Oranges; Tofu Stir-Fry; Artichoke Hearts & Hearts of Palm Salad.
- Prime cuts. Robertson, Robin // Vegetarian Times;Apr98, Issue 248, p57
Demonstrates how soyfood products like tofu and tempeh can be used as meat alternatives for vegetarian menus. Nutritional content of tofu and tempeh; Uses of textured vegetable protein (TVP); Nutritional value of soybean-base foods; Example of recipe using soybean-base foods.
- 3 easy ways to COOK LOWFAT. Vitetta-Miller, Robin // Shape;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p126
Presents three ways to cook lowfat meals. Importance of nutritional foods; Determination of preparation and cooking techniques; Suggestions of using tofu in replacement of meat.
- Meatless Makeovers. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
Presents advice to foodservice operators on offering vegetarian cuisine. Types of dishes that can be provided for vegetarian and vegan customers; Examples of ingredients that can be substituted for meat, including tofu; Recommended recipes.