What people can eat
- River North branch of a Mexican favorite. Spiselman, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/15/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Features Lalo's, a Mexican restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Ambiance of the dining establishment; Menu design; Food quality.
- Signs of the times: Operators embrace functional menu systems. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Reports that foodservice operators in the United States have turned toward in-store sign systems that are flexible, functional and more affordable than traditional back-lit menu boards. Importance of menu boards and ancillary signs; Information on menu boards of some restaurants; Important menu...
- HAPPIER MEALS. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;3/12/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p88
Presents advice to restaurateurs for preparation of attractive menu list according to preferences of children. Menu items for youngest customers at New York City's Guastavino's; Emphasis on flavors for food prepared specially for children; Food items preferred by kids. INSET: More than Child's...
- NEWS DIGEST. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p22
Reports developments related to the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Presentation of contemporary Japanese food at Wildfish restaurant; Opening of a 28-seat restaurant at Mojo; Offering of traditional French cuisine at Brasserie Rouge.
- Jack's Oyster House. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p152
Features the Jack's Oyster House in Albany, New York. Provision of venue for American cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Interior decoration of the restaurant.
- Nobu. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p156
Features the Nobu, a fine-dining restaurant in New York. Provision of venue for contemporary global cuisine; Menu design; Enhancement of customer services; Web site; Interior decoration.
- Menu pricing in 2000: Caution is the wave of the present. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/31/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p47
Presents an excerpt of a foodservice panel discussion on menu pricing at the 2000 Foodservice Financial Forum in Chicago, Illinois. Increase in check averages at Darden's restaurants; Applebee's cautious stance on the issue of across-the-board pricing; Association of Apple bagel's prices to...
- Haute Italiano. Platt, Adam // New York;6/13/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p98
Features Alto, a restaurant owned by chef Scott Conant, located at 520 Madison Avenue, New York City. Description of its interior decoration of the place; Type of food and beverage offered to customers; Menu design.
- Universal Studios debuts 60 fresh-mades. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on Universal Studios Hollywood who introduced 60 additional menu items in the summer of 1997. Reasons for the additions; Objectives of the studio; Reference to the introduction of `grab-and-go' deserts which will be introduced to the studio; Information on some of the foods...