Choose to offer choice
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- COUNTER SERVICE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p8
The article presents results of a survey which states that majority college students uses on-campus food service facilities in 2012.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Focus on the Food. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p80
The article presents information about the marketplace at the Kimmel Canter, New York University (NYU), New York City. It is located at the third floor of NYU's brand new 10-story Helen & Martin Kimmel Center for University Life, located on historic Washington Square near LaGuardia Place in...
- Florida college aims at late-night dining business. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p5
Features the modified dining system of Crossroads Cafe at the University of South Florida in Tampa, to cater to late-night dining of residential students. Information on exhibition-style of cooking; Main complaint of students regarding on-campus foods; Results of the remodeling process.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- Sushi expands appeal. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p86
Highlights the fish menus offered by several food services at universities in the United States in partnership with The Sushi House. Description of each fish menu; Cost; Demand for the fish menus.
- WITH RECIPES & CREATIVITY: Fishing for answers. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p52
Focuses on the fish and seafood offerings in the U.S. Technique used by the University of California in fish preparation; Procedures in cooking the campfire salmon at Vanderbilt University; List of Web sites that offer fish recipes.
- What a College Kid Wants. // Fare Magazine;Oct/Nov2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p10
The article reveals that a report from Technomic found that 44 percent of college students in the U.S. say that their school's dining program was somewhat important in deciding where to enroll while only 32 percent believe that their school is doing a good job of ensuring that students are...