SCHOOL FOOD IN THE NEWS
- Food Environment in Secondary Schools: Ã€ La Carte, Vending Machines, and Food Policies and Practices. French, Simone A.; Story, Mary; Fulkerson, Jayne A.; Gerlach, Anne Faricy // American Journal of Public Health;Jul2003, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p1161
Objectives. This study described the food environment in 20 Minnesota secondary schools. Methods. Data were collected on school food policies and the availability and nutritional content of foods in school Ã la carte (ALC) areas and vending machines (VMs). Results. Approximately 36% and 35%...
- Vended Meals Make The Grade. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the testing of a vending machine at Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, as part of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The first machine was tested in Windfern High School, which has 300 students who eat at the nearby middle school since...
- COCA-COLA TO DEPLOY VENDING MACHINES THAT ACCEPT PAYWAVE. // ISO & Agent Weekly;1/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the plans of beverage company Coca-Cola Bottling Co. to deploy vending machines that accept Visa payWave cards at the Olympic Village for the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Vending machine threat. Masood, M.; Masood, Y.; Newton, J. T. // British Dental Journal;7/27/2013, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p60
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the accessibility of vending machine in schools which increase snack frequency and offer some unhealthy food.
- School District Dishes Up Sushi. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article deals with the addition of sushi to the Ã la carte menu at the high schools of Jeffco Public Schools in Golden, Colorado.
- Brevard schools self-fund renov. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the opening of the Westshore Junior/Senior High School in Brevard County, Florida. Features of the school's renovated foodcourt; Meal options.
- IN CLEVELAND HIGH SCHOOLS: PRE-WRAPS SPEEDING SERVICE. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of two high schools in Cleveland, Ohio to set up stations that will offer pre-wrapped food products. Expected benefits of the food stations; Details on the food products to be served.
- Eating under the 'big top'. // Food Management;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
Reports the move of the Fairfield High School to request appropriation from the town to resolve cafeteria accommodation issues in Fairfield, Connecticut. Disclosure on the capacity of the cafeteria; Size of the tent sought by the school as a temporary solution; Estimates on the number of...
- School Combats Crowded Cafeteria with Extra Lunchroom. // Curriculum Review;Feb2014, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p6
The article looks at Great Falls High School in Great Falls, Montana, as of February 2014, reporting on the school's planned expansion of its cafeteria and food service offerings designed to address the problems of lunchroom overcrowding and over-hurried lunch periods.