ON-CAMPUS COUNTS UP 64%: MICH. EATERY GETS REAL
- 2005 The Best Kids' Menu In America Contest WINNERS. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p42
This article features food-service operations that won the Restaurant Hospitality magazine's 2005 Best Kids' Menu in America Contest. Quaker Steak & Lube, which operates 14 units in six states, markets its kids menu program with a mascot. Each unit of Quaker Steak has an employee who wears a...
- Back to school means bon appï¿½tit. Washington, Kate // Sunset;Sep2005, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the re-opening of Oak Cafï¿½, a student-run cafe of the Culinary Arts & hospitality Management program at American River College in Sacramento, California. Offers of a price fixed menu; Amenities and Customer service.
- Gulp. // New York;6/03/96, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p13
Notices that the New York `Post' and `Daily News' took completely different takes in articles about poor school-cafeteria-inspection results. Restaurant guide publisher Tim Zagat asserting that the papers should have focused on how bad the inspection process is at New York City restaurants.
- SEATS OF EARNING. Harmer, Janet // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/27/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4325, p73
Focuses on the project of the Howard of Effingham School in Surrey, England to build a school canteen that doubles as a cybercafe with public access. Goals of the project; Benefits from the cybercafe; Things being considered before opening the cybercafe to the public.
- The Meaning of Lunch. Bing, Stanley // Fortune International (Europe);04/03/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 7, p36
Compares the joys of going to lunch as a businessman to the school lunch periods of youth. The similarities that exists between a school day and a business day; How the menus differ; Comparison of the school lunch staff and the restaurant help.
- Restaurant Inspection Scores. // Fort Worth Business Press;1/3/2005 Agenda, Vol. 18, p34
Reports on the inspection scores of restaurants in Fort Worth, Texas based on the inspection conducted by the Fort Worth Public Health Department in December 2004, including the After Midnight Club, Angle's Cafe, All Saints Catholic School Restaurant
- Pepperdine U. revamps campus feeding with The Waves Cafe. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;10/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p18
Announces the opening of The Waves Cafe in Pepperdine University, in time for the beginning of the fall semester in 1998. Description of the restaurant; Cost of the cafe's renovation; Waves Cafe's menus and developed employee-training programs.
- Side Dishes. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;10/18/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 42, p44
Presents stories about restaurants and food service in the United States. Accidental serving of margaritas to school children at Alexandria Country Day School in Virginia; Opening of Stephen Starr's Barclay Prime steakhouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Sodexho uses campus renovation to roll out new smoothie concept. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/7/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p18
Reports on Sodexho's renovation of the dining center at the Russell House on the campus of the University of South Carolina in Columbia. Introduction of a smoothie concept called ZiA Juice; Opening of Pandini's and Sub Connection, two proprietary concepts Sodexho acquired when it bought Wood...