MILK DOES STUDENT BODY GOOD
- Testing, testing. // Dairy Field;Apr2002, Vol. 185 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the vending machine opportunities for milk products by the Fluid Milk Strategic Thinking Initiative in the U.S. Details on the milk mustache campaign; Business opportunities in milk vending; Variations in distribution channels.
- 'MOOVE' OVER, SODA. // Dairy Field;Jan2005, Vol. 188 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the increasing popularity of milk in school vending machines throughout the United States, especially in Wisconsin. Estimated number of milk vending machines in Wisconsin's high schools; Amount paid by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board to schools that install milk vending machines.
- KEY CHANNEL. Smith, Pamela Accetta // Dairy Field;Mar2006, Vol. 189 Issue 3, p34
The article reports that vending machines play an important role in milk marketing in the U.S. They are particular important in winning the copious consumption of milk by children, tweens and teenagers in schools. Vending machines can also boost the popularity of the healthy beverage among the...
- MILK EXPANDS ITS REACH. // Dairy Field;Mar2005, Vol. 188 Issue 3, p47
This article presents information on the milk industry in the United States. Recent findings show that milk is inching out other beverage choices in school vending machines throughout the country, especially in Wisconsin. Indeed, two-thirds of Wisconsin's high schools have milk vending machines....
- The milk machine. Kadison, Julia // Dairy Industries International;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the sale of milk in vending machines in the U.S. Availability of the product in consumer-friendly packages; Acceptability of single serve containers; Test of milk vending in the school environment.
- Quad City Students Targeted in Vending Test. // Dairy Field;Oct2002, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the installation of vending machines offering dairy products in schools in Iowa's Quad City area in 2002. Partnership of the Midwest Dairy Association (MDA) and Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) with Swiss Valley Farms in the project; Swiss Valley Farms' maintenance of the machines; Plan...
- Bought Milk? Groff-Palermo, Sarah // New York Times Upfront;05/14/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the testing of dairy vending machines in schools in Texas, California and Florida. Expansion planned for fall 2001; Revelation that milk is outselling soda; Plan of Coca-Cola to sell milk, juice and water in its school machines.
- Milk Vending is Profitable. // Dairy Field;Jan2004, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the profitability of milk vending in the U.S. Conduct of a study to determine growth potential for fluid milk sales in vending machines; Possibility for an entry in the market by processors; Role of a variety of flavors in increasing the sales.
- Dairy Sales Gain in Vend Test. // Food Management;Dec2003, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p10
The article presents findings of a pilot program conducted by Midwest Dairy Association, Swiss Valley Farms Co. and Dairy Management Inc., regarding sales of dairy products. The program concluded that putting various dairy products in state-of-the-art vending machines could help students...