AND EYES SALES RISE: HOSPITAL RETURNS TO BASICS
- A Vision Thing. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p64
Reports on the success of the bakery at Saint Charles Medical Center in Oregon. Sales figures of the business; Contribution of catering in increasing bakery sales; Prize won by the bakers in the yearly holiday gingerbread house contest held at a local resort.
- One at Capacity, Another Growing: Meeting Facility Needs. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p162
Provides information on the catering service at the Montefiore Medical Center in New York City, New York, the university hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Catering employees; Menus; Competitors in the catering service; Consolidation of the food service at Montefiore.
- Restaurants report a merry Christmas...but things look more grim on the hotels side. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/16/2003 Special Issue, Vol. 192 Issue 4256, p8
Reports on the profitability of restaurant chains and the catering industry over the retail sector in Great Britain during the 2002 Christmas season. Restaurants that reported strong revenues throughout the season; Views of restaurateurs on the state of the industry; Revenues posted by several...
- Local catering companies see increase in wedding business. Santora, Tommy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/19/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 55, p32
Focuses on the increase of the revenues of catering companies due to wedding functions in New Orleans, Louisiana. Doubling of the profits of New Orleans Columns Hotel; Increase of the revenues of independent event caterer Joel; Number of weddings catered by Marrero's Capdeboscq Catering Service.
- Salary watch. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/25/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4351, p73
Focuses on salaries of chefs in Great Britain involved in the contract catering business. Percentage of food service sales increase between 1999 and 2003; Factor that contributed to the increase in sales; Overview of salaries of chefs in the Southwest of England.
- LIFE IS SWEETS. Porter, John // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/14/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4627, p38
The article focuses on the condition of food service confectionery sales in Great Britain. mentions that the confectionery sales is only 15% of the total food sales in the country. Meanwhile, several caterers have preferred to sell branded confectionery for their customers. Moreover, the popular...
- Weak US dollar puts Sodexho on the slide. Garner, James // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/15/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4319, p14
Reports on the decline in the sales posted by catering company Sodexho Alliance due to the strengthening of the Euro against other currencies, notably in the U.S. dollar in 2004. Revenue posted by the company in February; Decrease in total sales in comparison to year 2003; Reason behind the...
- A Blueprint for Change. LAWN, JOHN // Food Management;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on the improvements being brought to the working of the University of California-San Francisco's Medical Center (UCSFMC) in the U.S. It discusses the foodservice management and nutrition functions of the organizations. It mentions about the business of UCSFMC in...
- WHERE MEDICINE, RESEARCH MEET: Catering at Univ. of Utah fulfills benefactor's goal. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the foodservice program for Huntsman Corp. and the Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City. Facilities of HCI; Price point of HCI foodservice; Description of HCI dining hall; Status of HCI foodservice sales.