NON-COMMERCIAL'S OUTLOOK: VOLUME OFF 1.6% IN 2003
- How Big is B&I? // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p10
An interview with Joe Pawlak, vice president of Chicago, Illinois-based consulting firm Technomic Inc., is presented. When asked about cause of the changes in their Business and Industry (B&I) market retail sales equivalent estimate, Pawlak asserts that B&I has always been the segment they have...
- HFM lauds revised contract share estimate. // Food Management;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
Reports the move of Technomic to revise the estimate of contractor penetration of acute care food service in the U.S. Impetus to the move; Estimates on the number of food and beverage purchases controlled by food service management firms; Comparative estimates made by Technomic and the National...
- Eliminating the 1.8%. WESTRA, ABBIE // CSP;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses gains in the foodservice-at-retail industry. A forecast from The NPD Group indicates that prepared foods purchased at retail for at-home consumption will grow at a pace more than twice that expected for the restaurant industry overall by 2022. According to Technomic,...
- Technomic to Launch Supermarket Food-Service Study. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;4/2/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 14, p38
The article reports on a study of supermarket meals programs to be conducted Technomic Inc. in the U.S. in spring 2007. This study is part of the firm's effort to determine how restaurant and food-service suppliers could be more effective at meeting the needs of high-quality prepared foods...
- Foodservice + Produce = Retail Inspiration. // Progressive Grocer;May2011, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p83
The article explores food trends at the retail side in the U.S. According to Technomic, food trucks are emerging as the top foodservice trend for retail exploitation. Food trucks are focusing on offering ethnic foods and fresh ingredients. Meanwhile, the National Restaurant Association considers...
- Beverage intel. // Restaurant Business;Oct2010, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the findings of trying new beverages according to a report from foodservice consultant Technomic Inc. and Beverage Consumer Trend Report.
- Noncommercial Foodservice Showing Signs of Growth, Technomic Reports. // Southeast Food Service News;Mar2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the forecast of Technomic Inc. regarding the 3.7 percent growth of noncommercial foodservice operations in 2013.
- Ample Growth Opportunities for Breakfast in Food Service. // Southeast Food Service News;Feb2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p4
The article offers information about the consumer data release by Technomic Inc. which shows several opportunities for breakfast in food service industry.
- For foodservice, these are the good old days, say Technomic. // Food Management;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Presents Technomic Inc.'s forecasts for the foodservice industry in the United States for the year 2000. Rate of growth; Growth sectors; Penetration of foodservice management contractors; Impact of guest chef programs and take-home meals.