Regalia and respect
- U.S JOURNAL: LOS ANGELES. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;4/18/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p92
The article relates a story about Indians and their powwow activities in Los Angeles, California. A powwow is not a discussion but a social event at which Indians in traditional costumes dance around a drum. During the ceremony, the dancers are dressed in moccasins and elaborate costumes of...
- Powwow Now. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;11/06/2000, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p2
Offers information about powwow, a festival celebrated by Native Americans.
- Powwow. Alphin, D.L. // California Chronicles;Nov98, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p24
Highlights the holding of powwows or intertribal celebrations at the Stanford University in California.
- `We Don't Want Your Rations, We Want This Dance.': The Changing Use of Song and Dance on the... Ellis, Clyde // Western Historical Quarterly;Summer99, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p133
Examines the roots of the contemporary powwow dance among Southern Plains Indian people in the United States. Connection of powwow dance to traditional forms of dance and belief; Role of music and dance in the creation and maintenance of the culture of the Southern Plains Indians.
- Wacipi Season. // South Dakota Magazine;May/Jun2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p79
The article reports that a pow wow Indian event will be held in South Dakota on June 29-July 1, 2012.
- Fancy Dancers at Copan Delaware Powwow. Jones, Craig // Whispering Wind;2008, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p36
Several photographs of Indians who attended the 2008 Copan Delaware Powwow in Copan, Oklahoma are presented.
- Two Spirit people gather in San Francisco. Baumgartner, Kelly // Empty Closet;Apr2015, Issue 488, p17
The article discusses the highlights of the Fourth Annual Bay Area American Indian Two Spirit (BAAITS) Powwow, which took place at the Cow Palace in Daly City, California on February 8, 2015.
- Eastern Fair. // Navajo Times;7/30/2015, Vol. 54 Issue 30, pC-3
A photograph of Krazy Kreek drum group of Tohatchi, New Mexcio who performed for powwow dancers in Crownpoint, New Mexico, during the Dine' Bi' Eastern Fair & Rodeo in July 2015 is presented.
- Powwow Dates. // Whispering Wind;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p34
A calendar of events for native Americans social gatherings or powwows for March to November 2016 is presented which includes the 28th Annual Natchez Powwow in Mississippi, the Red Earth Powwow in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the 21st Annual Powwow in Columbia City, Indiana.