- Native and other Americans. Weisberger, Bernard A. // American Heritage;May/Jun99, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the policies toward Indians in the United States. Concerns about social thinking and tribal life; Tapping into the profits of tourist trade; Property rights and States' Rights.
- Portraits. // Way We Lived: California Indian Stories, Songs & Reminiscences;1993, p213
Several photographs are presented which depict the native Indians of California.
- INDIANS OLD AND NEW. PELLEN, M. // America;5/18/1912, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p138
The author discusses literature about the old-time Indians, and also reports on publications in 1912 that focus on the modern-day Indians. The two-volume encyclopedia "Handbook of the American Indians," which contains articles on history, biographies and culture of the old-time Indians is cited...
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...