- LIFTING TOGETHER. BATES, MATTHEW // Airman;Oct2012, p1
The article offers information Brian Robisky, U.S. Air Force Technical Sergeant in PÃ¡pa, Hungary. It states that Robisky is part of a multinational mission called Strategic Airlift Capability program, that uses C-17 Globemaster IIIs to bring equipment and cargo to military bases in...
- Construction Begins on Lackland C-5 Galaxy Schoolhouse. Simmons, Jonathan // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2005, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the start of construction for the new facility of the C-5 Formal Training Unit at the 433rd Airlift Wing in Lackland AFB in Texas on June 27, 2005. Two three-storey buildings will be erected at the site which will include a training school and a flight training school. The...
- Kirtland Air Force Base: A National Treasure. McCorkle, Sherman // New Mexico Business Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the significance of Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico to the community. Economic impact of the base; Operation of the Air Force Research Laboratory in the location; Role of flying organizations at Kirtland Air Force Base in training U.S. Air Force special operations...
- L-3 Link Awarded Contract to Build Seventh F-16 Mission Training Center. // Military Technology;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p59
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Air Force which has awarded a contract to L-3 Link Simulation and Training to develop an F-16 Mission Training Center system for Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany.
- AFRC New Mission: C-5 Schoolhouse. // Officer;Oct2005, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p28
Explains that the United States Air Force Reserve Command's C-5 Formal Training Unit will relocate from a military base in Oklahoma to San Antonio, Texas. Three-storey ground training school; Flight training school; Training in C-5 Galaxy cargo aircraft operations; Academics and flight simulator...
- Mental Health of U.S. Air Force Basic Military Training and Technical Training Students. Englert, David R.; Hunter, Christopher L.; Sweeney, Bryan J. // Military Medicine;Nov2003, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p904
A 2000 report by Staal, Cigrang, and Fiedler and a 1998 report by Cigrang, Carbone, Todd, and Fiedler described the attrition of U. S. Air Force basic military trainees due to mental health disorders for the year 1997. This article looks at the population of Air Force basic military trainees and...
- Effectively Teaching Cyber Warfare to a Non-Technical Audience. Bibighaus, David; Gibson, David; Carlisle, Martin; Merritt, David; Boleng, Jeff; Maher, James // Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Warfa;2012, p36
This paper describes the Air Force Academy's Basic Cyber training program introduced in the summer of 2011. What makes this course unique is that it is specifically designed to provide a motivational hands-on introduction to cyber warfare to rising sophomores of any major. In addition, this...
- Good neighbor policy. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/29/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the agreement between the United States Air Force (USAF) and a Tokyo court prohibiting the flight of USAF aircrafts in and out of Yokata AB between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Petition of residents; Limits on night flights.
- American Air Base Gets Green Light. // Polish American Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force base will be permanently station in Poland in 2011.